Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Glad I didn't go! I figured it was gonna be like that..
    Yeah, I thought it was gonna suck, but just decided I was gonna go no matter what.

Comment

Dang shame! Wasn't a leaf moving at the house this morning, but it's blowing pretty good at my office in Humble now...

Comment

Can anyone PM me a favorable spot or 2 around the west side of Galveston, please? Last few times I have been resulted in nada.

Comment

Was going to make a short trip to Bolivar with the wife and kids for the weekend. I can’t wade due to getting flesh eating bacteria last July but a buddy will have kayak. Any scouting reports on the surf for Friday and Saturday would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Can anyone PM me a favorable spot or 2 around the west side of Galveston, please? Last few times I have been resulted in nada.
            Are you looking bay side or surf?

Comment

Originally posted by gooseman View Post
              Was going to make a short trip to Bolivar with the wife and kids for the weekend. I can’t wade due to getting flesh eating bacteria last July but a buddy will have kayak. Any scouting reports on the surf for Friday and Saturday would be appreciated.
              13 to 15 from the east is going to shred the surf. You'll probably have better luck bay side or at rollover pass.

Comment

Surf not looking good then. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Trying to catch some here in Seagrove, FL. Caught some small bonito and Spanish mackeral the other day. Yesterday was a wash cause of the tsunami waves coming up. Today, the water is as flat as I've ever seen, mainly due to that 12mph north wind. BUTT, there is a laughable amount of seaweed in the surf which would compare to a stagnant pond in Texas.. its slowly, slowly clearing up.. hoping to try some this evening and give it another go in the morning..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    Trying to catch some here in Seagrove, FL. Caught some small bonito and Spanish mackeral the other day. Yesterday was a wash cause of the tsunami waves coming up. Today, the water is as flat as I've ever seen, mainly due to that 12mph north wind. BUTT, there is a laughable amount of seaweed in the surf which would compare to a stagnant pond in Texas.. its slowly, slowly clearing up.. hoping to try some this evening and give it another go in the morning..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Are you looking bay side or surf?
                      both, honestly. I do have access to a house in Jamaica Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Dang shame! Wasn't a leaf moving at the house this morning, but it's blowing pretty good at my office in Humble now...

Besides the wind, wouldn’t the high-pressure make for tough fishing anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                          both, honestly. I do have access to a house in Jamaica Beach.
                          I'll PM you a few spots.

Comment

I looked at it this morning but it was a little beaucoup for me. You could have fished it if you wanted to bad enough but it would have been pretty hard to keep everyone standing up in the boat.

We caught some off the jetties and then ran back to the bay mid-morning.

Comment

Went to Matagorda this morning, surf was rough and dirty with a strong current. Was able to fish shallow and found some.

6.5# 28”

Ended with 7 between 2 of us. I would’ve turned around when I got there if I didn’t have the wife and kids with me for beach day.

Comment

My dad fished the matagorda surf this morning and caught 5, biggest being 18”. He said there is plenty of fish just too far out to get too. It was pretty rough and dirty.

Comment

Working...
                                X