No announcement yet.

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just keeps getting better and better... I’m bummed my record did not extend (lame I know) and I missed last 4 laps...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      It just keeps getting better and better... I’m bummed my record did not extend (lame I know) and I missed last 4 laps...

Stroll given 5 grid penalty as well.

Some of you guys who have been watching F1 longer, what is the justification for such a steep penalty for the Bottas wreck and how is this more severe than Silverstone based on FIA rules? I would think Rain and poor visibility on a start would be a natural place for this kind of thing to happen….it’s kind of chaos to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
        Scarlett horse gets the podium. Sainz was on Instagram popping a bottle of champagne at dinner (unless it was an old picture for effect). Either way, P3 goes to him unless Vettel and Aston Martin’s appeal goes through. Read that the technical guru for AM said there was 1.4L left, F1 requires a 1 liter sample, and they were only able to pull .3L upon the finish. I guess that’s why he killed the car in the track.

I guess that lightens my cringe when I watched Lewis blow his socks off with one to go lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Must end the race with fuel in the tank for a sample?
          Interesting, I guess there is no coasting over the finish line in this sport.

I guess sampling fuel in the pits/jugs isn't what they do in F1.
          OK, still learning......

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
            Ouch… so does that put Sainz on the podium? Or do they leave the space vacant?

Yes, everyone moves up 1 spot.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stroll given 5 grid penalty as well.

Some of you guys who have been watching F1 longer, what is the justification for such a steep penalty for the Bottas wreck and how is this more severe than Silverstone based on FIA rules? I would think Rain and poor visibility on a start would be a natural place for this kind of thing to happen….it’s kind of chaos to begin with.
              Ahhhhh......ok, I was thinking Stroll was walking away unscathed in all of that.

Comment

Incredible race! I bet Max is getting real tired of having to explain why he keeps getting hit on lap 1 by a Merc driver. Botas had no shot braking that late.
                Good for Alpine and screw Hamilton complaining about Alonso. That's dangerous but diving into a turn at 180 mph where you have no chance of making it and sending someone screaming into a tire wall is fair game? Want some cheese with that whine Lewis?
                Good for Ocon- was cool to see so many other drivers battling.

Comment

Great drive for Ocon and Vettel. Sucks that Vettel lost the position. The battle between Alonso and Hamilton in the closing laps was epic!!!

How did Hamilton not know to come in at the beginning, and every other driver did? I know the teams can’t / don’t communicate on the formation lap, but still…. Still worked out for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                    Great drive for Ocon and Vettel. Sucks that Vettel lost the position. The battle between Alonso and Hamilton in the closing laps was epic!!!

How did Hamilton not know to come in at the beginning, and every other driver did? I know the teams can’t / don’t communicate on the formation lap, but still…. Still worked out for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I wondered the same. Sainz was called to the stewards post race for communicating on the formation lap of the restart. I haven't heard the outcome of that just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      Must end the race with fuel in the tank for a sample?
                      Interesting, I guess there is no coasting over the finish line in this sport.

I guess sampling fuel in the pits/jugs isn't what they do in F1.
                      OK, still learning......
                      F1 doesn't allow re-fueling during the race.....So they test the tanks before and after to make sure no funny business happens during the pits. There have been some rather notorious "shenanigans" played in the past with fuel and ballast where lead shot was used after the race to make weight or when the water being used as ballast was injected for "cooling" but they found to have methanol in it I believe and the car was basically on the bottle the whole race. Easiest now is to just test pre/post race. Now you know why Ocon and Vettel killed the cars on the track.

Strategy comes into play here. When they fueled up for the race they were thinking a wet race and slower pace, lower engine mode settings and therefore seems they added less fuel to get whatever weight advantage they could. Then it goes dry and everyone is on slicks and they are thin on fuel at the end. Sainz had to pull out as well to keep from running out of fuel which is why he wasn't fighting Lewis harder.

Comment

F1 doesn't allow re-fueling during the race.....So they test the tanks before and after to make sure no funny business happens during the pits. There have been some rather notorious "shenanigans" played in the past with fuel and ballast where lead shot was used after the race to make weight or when the water being used as ballast was injected for "cooling" but they found to have methanol in it I believe and the car was basically on the bottle the whole race. Easiest now is to just test pre/post race. Now you know why Ocon and Vettel killed the cars on the track.

Strategy comes into play here. When they fueled up for the race they were thinking a wet race and slower pace, lower engine mode settings and therefore seems they added less fuel to get whatever weight advantage they could. Then it goes dry and everyone is on slicks and they are thin on fuel at the end. Sainz had to pull out as well to keep from running out of fuel which is why he wasn't fighting Lewis harder.

Thanks for the explanation.

I’ll be watching on DVR over the next few days, I’ll keep an eye out for strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          Thanks for the explanation.

I’ll be watching on DVR over the next few days, I’ll keep an eye out for strategy.

Sainz in his longer post race interview talks about him running on fumes.

Comment

I wondered the same. Sainz was called to the stewards post race for communicating on the formation lap of the restart. I haven't heard the outcome of that just yet.
                            I had not seen that??? Wow....could get interesting b4 the next grand prix.

Comment

Got this letter while in South Carolina last week!!!!!!!!!!!! I had not heard anything about a change of races and the potential for COTA getting a 2nd Grand Prix this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!

Have you heard the rumors!? – There is a very real possibility that COTA receives a second F1 race in the month of October.

You are receiving this email due to purchasing hospitality tickets directly from me for the current scheduled F1 race on October 22-24th.

I am reaching out to give you the first chance at tickets to this potentially historic event!

*I DO NOT have details on pricing, availability, or dates for the event currently. *There will also be no transfer of tickets to the second weekend if announced*

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL WITH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:

Yes, I am interested! Let me know as soon as tickets are available.
                              If Yes, please specify ticket type and number of tickets:

Private Hospitality
                              Shared Hospitality
                              Reserved Seating

No, I am not interested in attending a second F1 race this year.
                              If no response, I will assume the latter and look forward to having you here in the October for the current scheduled race!

Brandon Brock

Senior Account Executive

Circuit of The Americas

9201 Circuit of The Americas Blvd . ATX 78617

O 512.655.6315

Brandon.Brock@TheCircuit.com

Virtual Track Tour!

Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Got this letter while in South Carolina last week!!!!!!!!!!!! I had not heard anything about a change of races and the potential for COTA getting a 2nd Grand Prix this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!

Have you heard the rumors!? – There is a very real possibility that COTA receives a second F1 race in the month of October.

You are receiving this email due to purchasing hospitality tickets directly from me for the current scheduled F1 race on October 22-24th.

I am reaching out to give you the first chance at tickets to this potentially historic event!

*I DO NOT have details on pricing, availability, or dates for the event currently. *There will also be no transfer of tickets to the second weekend if announced*

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL WITH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:

Yes, I am interested! Let me know as soon as tickets are available.
                                If Yes, please specify ticket type and number of tickets:

Private Hospitality
                                Shared Hospitality
                                Reserved Seating

No, I am not interested in attending a second F1 race this year.
                                If no response, I will assume the latter and look forward to having you here in the October for the current scheduled race!

Brandon Brock

Senior Account Executive

Circuit of The Americas

9201 Circuit of The Americas Blvd . ATX 78617

O 512.655.6315

Brandon.Brock@TheCircuit.com

Virtual Track Tour!

Linkedin
                                Interesting, I'm guessing COTA is in the running to be a double header like Redbull ring was. I've heard Turkey might get cancelled, its supposed to be October 3rd and was moved there from May already and they may be having difficulty getting the Nov 21 TBA race venue found. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_F...d_Championship

BTW anyone see what Marcus Ericsson did today, airborne and then wins the race, holy cr@p
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 08-08-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X