• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice !

Comment

Looks absolutely beautiful ...

Comment

Ok so the ground where we poured was so Saturated with water that the holes dug for the porch posts would fill up with groundwater as soon as you pumped them out with a sump pump. We've been doing this for 8 days now, and have also been draining our ditches with a 3" pump as well. Waiting for the ground to dry is simply not an option for Satterwhite since it will take several weeks if not months for the ground to totally dry out, so they were just going to pour like normal anyway and hope for the best. They didn't have any better ideas, so I thought of my own way to do the porch posts. They said they would probably settle afterward and we would have to have someone come out with a jack and jack them up and put shims underneath the posts to re level the porches. I wasn't good with that so I thought of my own way to do this.

That is 1" all thread rod with a 2x10x1/4" thick piece of steel. I made an anchor bolt with it. I've been mounted a steel plate to fit the 4 x 6 porch posts on the bottom and attached it with lag bolts. I then drilled I wanted hole in the middle of the porch post to accommodate the anchor bolt. The plate also had a hold to accommodate as well. As you can see the all thread has a washer and nut on them. That is what the porch post with the plate on it will sit on for the porches. If the porches ever need to be adjusted up or down, there is enough room inside the porch post to take a large wrench and adjust accordingly with that nut. I know it was overkill but I wanted to make sure if I need to do anything later on it would be easy and less costly than having someone come out with Jack and do everything.

Here is a pic of them installing the porch post components.

Comment

Please pray for no rain so the concrete can set overnight!

Comment

Absolutely awesome

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
              Absolutely awesome

Thanks!! No rain overnight. Thankful for that as well

Comment

Redneck ingenuity

Comment

Porch bases will be done today!! The part everyone was dreading the most is over. And I think we found a solution for settling if it ever happens.

Comment

looking good. coming together nicely.

Comment

Man, I can just about smell all that cut, fresh lumber from here! Looking great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        Man, I can just about smell all that cut, fresh lumber from here! Looking great.

Yes it smells so nice!!

Comment

Sure is looking nice and good idea on the leveling for the posts!

Comment

Comment

Tagged...Looking great!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X