No announcement yet.

Isla Mujeres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been there. But last time in Cancun had a couple that was with us take a day trip there. They had a blast. They got away from the strip and said prices from food to beer went way down and much more relaxed. I will give it a shot on my next trip. Anyway, that is what they said and not personal experience.

Comment

I am headed to Cancun for a wedding so can't stay on the island but would like to visit for a day.

Comment

Saw plenty of pretty TaTas at playa del Norte so if you go out on the beach areas with kids be ready to possibly see some [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          We went in may , I was released from the hospital on Easter Sunday, when I was cleared to travel we hopped on a plane and
          Had a blast,
          https://www.marlinmag.com/isla-mujer...lfish-numbers/
          Man that article will pump you up for a trip. I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bureau2 View Post
            My brother goes twice a year. They love it! Me... I don’t do Mexico...
            Lol, you sound like me and your brother is like mine.

Good luck op, I would definitely try and get some blue water fishing in.

Comment

Also look up
              Shut Up and Fish Cancun
              He is a Charter there and fishes the area down there

Comment

Look up Don Chingon charters they have a face book page. Capt Travis is a native Texan living in Mexico doing offshore and inshore fishing. He can also set up other excursions in Cancun and isla Mujeres.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                  Look up Don Chingon charters they have a face book page. Capt Travis is a native Texan living in Mexico doing offshore and inshore fishing. He can also set up other excursions in Cancun and isla Mujeres.

I heard he is top notch as well
                  Can’t go wrong with a Texan

Comment

We are thinking about going in about a month. Has anyone stayed at Playa Norte Islas Mujeres

Comment

Bringing this back to the top. We just booked an unexpected trip mid August. Not my planning, my wife wanted to join some friends. I see this isn't the best time for fishing and I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on a trip. What should I expect for a day of offshore in the middle of August?

Thanks,
                      JH

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                        Bringing this back to the top. We just booked an unexpected trip mid August. Not my planning, my wife wanted to join some friends. I see this isn't the best time for fishing and I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on a trip. What should I expect for a day of offshore in the middle of August?

Thanks,
                        JH
                        A pretty serious buzz and sunburn. Best Isla fishing is in the winter especially December through March. Tons of billfish action especially Sails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          A pretty serious buzz and sunburn. Best Isla fishing is in the winter especially December through March. Tons of billfish action especially Sails.
                          Yes, that's what my research is showing. Unfortunately this isn't my trip, I would have gone at a different time. Should I pass on the fishing and focus on scuba diving?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                            Yes, that's what my research is showing. Unfortunately this isn't my trip, I would have gone at a different time. Should I pass on the fishing and focus on scuba diving?
                            Probably the worst time of year to fish there. You might get lucky and hit a few Mahi. Or most Captain's have a few deep water holes to chase a variety of snapper/ grouper.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X