Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Car Title Drama - Someone Hit Me With Knowledge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Car Title Drama - Someone Hit Me With Knowledge!

In need of some Braintrust help.

5+ years ago I was given a '57 Ford Custom Fordor by a family friend. When I showed up to pick up the car, he told me that he had the title but would have to get it to me later. His wife had just been in an accident and caring for her took precedence over finding me the title for the car he just gifted me. Since I didn't have any money tied up in this deal other than the tow truck to move the car, I didn't think twice.

Since I took possession of the car, life has gotten in the way of the project and I haven't thought too much about it. Now, I'm trying to get motivated on this thing and realized that I have never gotten the title from him. Also, within the past 5 years, this gentleman's wife has passed away and I can't get in touch with him. Shortly before she passed, they moved to the hill country somewhere. I don't know the address and he wont answer my calls.

Do any of you know how to get the title at this point? If I file for a lost title, it has to go to him for signatures first before I can transfer to me, no?

If any of you know of a way, I'd really appreciate it. Surely someone has some kind of loophole knowledge..

Please Help!!

Look up bonded title process.

Comment

I had a friend do this locally. He did have to contact the local auto theft detectives and get it cleared first. This was done at the title office, then he began the process. It was not difficult just had to follow the steps.

Comment

The easiest way is to get a Certified Copy of the title, but the owner will have to request it.

Sounds like the bonded title process is the next best option. But you will have to pay for a bond covering the fair market value of the vehicle (maybe in restored condition).

It is technical and time consuming process but not too difficult.

Comment

Check out Lawrence Title, Georgetown I think, they did mine on a bronco and it was a hassle free process. 150.00 well spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, Lawrence auto title
            I have done it twice and it’s simple

Comment

Thanks y’all. I will try Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a 68A Inspection from your local Auto Theft Task Force, take inspection form to local state title office and file for a bonded title.

Comment

Working...
                X