Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You fellas talking about Mr. Buddy Heater repair the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I have one with the pilot light issue. How do you clear it?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Big tank or small tank? Filter?

If not a big tank, then the first thing is to start with a toothpick or pipe cleaner and shove it down the pilot hole a roto rooter it out. Them dump it over go see if you can get some spider body part to fall out. If not then the next ting is to take the face off and side off to get to the pilot hole piping. It unscrews and you can clean it that way.

If you have a big tank with no filter you probably have the fuel lines clogged with oil. Gotta take it completely apart and blow out all the lines

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      Yeah fairly certain I would have screamed and s*** myself. Have you guys tried keeping them in a bag or something to help with dust or whatever the hell that is? Especially during the off season. I’m sick of them not working.

Dust is not a problem with mine. Up until this episode, I just told folks that I just slipp a small nail or sheet rock screw in the pilot hole to keep spiders out of it in the offseason. No issues since I started that. This big spider climbing up in the burner assembly is a first for me.

Comment

Smart, did you have to go change drawers after that episode? I know for a fact I would have had to!

Comment

Out of 7 stands this week alone I have had an igniter quit and another that would only burn for a few minutes at a time. Combination of little and mr buddies. All of these are less than a year old.

Comment

Mine caught on fire opening morning this year. A **** mouse had packed the whole bottom full of carpet fuzz. I turned it over at camp and went to wrenching on it and that little ******* came OUT!

He had packed the whole bottom of that thing so tight I couldn't hardly get it out. Then rat **** started running out the bottom so I threw it in the trash and punched up the amazon app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              Out of 7 stands this week alone I have had an igniter quit and another that would only burn for a few minutes at a time. Combination of little and mr buddies. All of these are less than a year old.
              Fixed 3 of my 4 that survived that tossing about from the tornado on the 24th of May, but the 4th will shoot flames from the side where the hose connects. to the heater and from the bottle. Not sure what is wrong with it but will look after the season.

Comment

Sure wish that had been on video. Lol.

I wonder if packing the heaters away in a sealed bag would help keep critters out of them.

Comment

Smart I would probably squeal too if that ******* jumped out at me

Comment

I consider myself pretty handy at fixing things, but I took 1 of these apart to attempt a fix. I decided they were relatively cheap and tossed it.

We now pull all heaters from the stands and store them inside camp during the off season which seems to have eliminated all problems. We also don’t rely on the starters as sometimes you have to click it multiple times so we keep a long butane lighter in each stand, 1 click and lit every time.

Comment

You fellas talking about Mr. Buddy Heater repair the other day.

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      I consider myself pretty handy at fixing things, but I took 1 of these apart to attempt a fix. I decided they were relatively cheap and tossed it.

We now pull all heaters from the stands and store them inside camp during the off season which seems to have eliminated all problems. We also don’t rely on the starters as sometimes you have to click it multiple times so we keep a long butane lighter in each stand, 1 click and lit every time.

If you throw anymore away, send it to me. I’ll pay shipping .... and fix it for our community camp or blinds.

I have taken them down where nothing was connected and even the valve was broken down. I’m a tinkerer.[emoji41]

Comment

I don't like spiders. I would have screamed too. Glad you figured it out.

Comment

"Like a Crab"
                          Lmao. That's too funny!!!

Just recently I reached for a box on the top shelf in the garage before I noticed the funnel web next to it....... that dude come out of nowhere and then backed. Ack into the web.....

Comment

I might have set a record for stationary long jump

Comment

Nope

Comment

Glad you are still with us

Comment

Working...
                                X