X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
    I will be trying Sunday, not sure which unit yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will try to be out tomorrow and see if I can’t locate any mouflon in 5. Will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Heck yeah buddy, but I've never caught a white bass so somebody's gonna have to show me what to do lol
      You have never caught a white? I find that hard to believe.

I never really fished during the runs back when I had a boat. you could always find the whites schooling under the birds just about anytime the wind wasn’t blowing to bad… if you could get a spoon deep enough in the schools without a white taking it, you might get a really nice striper…

Here is the latest fishing report out of Amistad:

Amistad weekly fishing reports for selected Texas inland and coastal waters, with access to past reports

Comment

I met some local kids and found some decent wade fishing spots with trees and rocks gotta be lower lake levels. Looks pretty awesome, but i only fish salt. If there reds in the lake they would totally be there

Comment

^^^ with the lake level going up and flooding some brush it will definitely be great black bass cover… once the spawn kicks in bass will be shallow or move shallow to feed regularly; especially early morning and late afternoon.

Water is fairly warm for the time of year according to that fishing report I linked above… it will be interesting to see what this cold front does to the water temps… as the temps get warmer big females will be cruising rock banks searching out possible spawning spots and feeding…

Chuck, I was told by a salt & sweet water fishing guru that reds are similar to bass as far as how they will seek out/be around structure and or grass type areas. I have no idea how true that holds as I am no a salt guy but those areas you mentioned above will hold bass once the water warms up. Top water fishing is awesome in and around those flooded brush areas.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks this one looks like a mouflon?
            yes. That is 100% a domestic goat!

Comment

Trying for exotics, and of course several does…lol

Comment

That’s a wrap for getting schooled this season at the Lake, learned a ton. Can’t wait till next October

Found the Mouflon after a long hike, and they were where i least expected them. They laughed at my misfortune as they trotted away. Went back several more times and couldn’t find them only a very nice buck and 2 smaller bucks…weird.

If you lost a cell phone it’s at the park HQ.

After getting humiliated might as well have some great Thai food from Jhitra

Comment

Lake level going down fast
                  Attached Files

Comment

A friend just got back from down there and said that the white bass fishing was really good. Take a rod and reel along too!

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Opening day, finally! Best of luck to all coming out to Amistad this season! Bring the bug juice with you as it’s going to be brutal out there.

FYI park headquarters is closing on weekends so make sure to plan and purchase your hunting permit accordingly. Attached below is a link to NPS Lake Amistad website.

Amistad Lake level is up 20 + feet is the last couple of months. Thank you Lord for the rain over the last couple of months. Most of the ramps should be open. Second link is for the lake water depth.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...ew=1,1,1,1,0,1

Comment

Anyone thinking about 2023-2024 new on the forum and curious. I have fished the lake for many years but just getting back into bow hunting after a 30 yr hiatus.

Comment

Always, it's my $40 hunting lease lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Always, it's my $40 hunting lease lol
                          Stop giving folks crazy ideas

Comment

Was hiking out there just this week….didn’t see any water though…lol

Comment

Is it amistad season yet? Lol. I Might go out there and camp one of these days and hang out. Looking forward to the hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                                Is it amistad season yet? Lol. I Might go out there and camp one of these days and hang out. Looking forward to the hunting season.

Too hot! Lol

Besides, it's fishing season and that means salty salt and sand in the crack.

Comment

Working...
                                X