2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
    Verstappen on pole for tomorrow's sprint race. LeClerc second, Sainz third.

The Mercedes team will have a busy night rebuilding both of their cars. Hamilton and Russell both had "offs" in Q3.
    They did, but every race, they are 1-2% better. And it seems like the other teams just aren't getting that level of improvement race over race. If MB keeps up their pace, they are going to be untouchable by the end of the season. Also, it has been awesome watching the MB team work out this new car. Awesome watching the R&D on the track.

It took until Miami, or arguably Spain, before Ferrari figured out the porposing. And they are going equally slow with catching RedBull speed. At this pace, I don't see them as the #1 team at the end of they year like I had hoped.

Comment

Perez had a really good race...he'll be one to watch.

Comment

Great race in the RedBull arena. I hated to see Checo go out so soon. He has been tearing it up. Add insult to injury and Sainz's Ferrari goes up in flames as he is hunting Verstappen down for a 1-2 Ferrari race. MB finishing 3-4 was not in the cards 20 hours b4 lights out as mentioned above. The mechanics definitely earned their[emoji383]!!!
        F1 is exploding globally as every venue is breaking records for attendance and earnings. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] I hated to learn about the thugs and general hooliganism that was widely reported. All outlets, the teams and F1 are pushing back hard to let folks know it won't be tolerated as they know it will destroy the global cash cow.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I got in from walking the dog & caught the red flag...no replay I've seen & wasn't showing the scene / extraction of the driver.

Was the crash not caught and/or is this protocol to not cover a possible injury??
          Yes! I observed the same and accepted that was the case. I have not read anything about it but I reckon not possibly showing a dead driver on global outlets was a understandable move. I am shocked it was not 10x worse. That HALO has definitely been a life saver the last few years.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

What was with all the warnings / penalties on exceeding track limits...was that due to going too wide on the turns??

Big bummer perez got taken out...he was brilliant in the sprint.

Comment

What was with all the warnings / penalties on exceeding track limits...was that due to going too wide on the turns??

Yes, swinging wide in two areas all weekend. sometimes they let it slide but i guess it was reckless.

Comment

Did Lewis Hamilton's lap being deleted not stick? (I'm not saying it should , just curious)

I heard the conversation then wondered how he ended up 3rd (which would mean he lapped the field if a deleted lap means what it sounds like)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  Did Lewis Hamilton's lap being deleted not stick? (I'm not saying it should , just curious)

I heard the conversation then wondered how he ended up 3rd (which would mean he lapped the field if a deleted lap means what it sounds like)

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ian-grand-prix
                  During "qualifying"....... laps are deleted due to a rules infraction. Going wide is one of many things that would cause a lap to be deleted during qualifying. During a Grand Prix race you are warned 3 times for going wide/off the track/out of the limits of the course. After 3 times the driver is usually accessed a 5 second penalty during the race......they are not placed at the back of the pack. Hamilton did not get a 5 second penalty but was warned about his track limit on that radio call. Many others had been "warned" at that point also.

Comment

Good to see HAAS final get some points going.

Comment

The other issue worth noting is how well the VER crew timed their strategic pits...it was brilliant, but just didn't have the muscle to stay in front / pace with the red car.

What power plant does redbull have??

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                        Good to see HAAS final get some points going.
                        Yea what’s up w that? Certainly not the drivers. Your heard 44 say there straight line speed was amazing. They either finally got some decent Ferrari PU or finally figured something out in the wind tunnel. I always figured the WT was where Haas would be able to keep up if not gain an advantage but I see that F1 wind is tricky….

Comment

The other issue worth noting is how well the VER crew timed their strategic pits...it was brilliant, but just didn't have the muscle to stay in front / pace with the red car.

What power plant does redbull have??
                          Red Bull Honda I believe with pure RB next year. They use to be Ferrari PU.

Comment

Yea that’s what drivers are in puzzlin match about w race stewards. You can’t run wide like they did and definitely can’t over run and gain advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                              Pure RB...they are getting into the biz of actually mfg of their own HP??

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                                Yes Honda! I gotta believe HONDA will come back into F1 with the huge success they have had? Then again Porche and Audi are reportedly willing to dump huge dollars into the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X