Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    This one was found in Tom Green county on an old rocky hill. Any ideas?
    The shape, especially the upper portion looks pretty old. Ok really old. It could be an unfinished Firstview but my best guess is Midland. Hold onto it and find an expert to examine it. The fact that it is covered in patina also suggests that it has some serious age to it.

Maybe GarGuy can chime in on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Hogboy, have you considered Bulverde for those last 2? I could see the argument made for Lange as well.
      They very well could be, I'm not very schooled on types. Leon River bottom, eastern Coryell county. I have a Hester book at home I will read up on Lange and Bulverde. Thanks

Comment

As much as I like finding these things you’d think I’d be more knowledgeable on the subject however I am not, so here we go if anyone knows anything let me know. Colman county-Voss, Tx Colorado river. All surface finds yesterday. Will be back after it here shortly. This is my fiancé great grandparents place, they are in there late 90’s and are here with us. They would like to know some possible time periods if anyone could help out. I don’t have service so I will check back in later with WiFi when I get back to the ranch house. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone needs better pics of certain points just let me know. I didn’t take the pics close enough to see the flaking.

Comment

Cphillips,
            I’m not sure what those points are. If those are surface finds in one spot, your likely right on top of a camp. Better get the shovel and dig a couple of test holes. You’d be surprised what you will find. Good luck.

Comment

Is this anything?
              Nolan county

Comment

Looks like a preform that he broke in the process of finishing! Nice and thin! Good find!

Comment

Sweet thanks

Comment

Real?

Found something!
                    Is it Real? Any thoughts about it? Funny thing is I found it next to a game camera that I’ve had there for four years.
                    Attached Files

Comment

East Texas Eyecandy

[ATTACH]942181[/ATTACH]

Comment

I went on a hunt on a ranch in rock springs and the owners song found a price of found the was worked into the shape of a American Bison and he had one of the best Arrowhead identifiers you know ,I guess most experienced guy in Texas, top guy look at it and tell him that it was real but he wouldn't sign off on it because there is never been anything else like that ever found and he didn't want the repercussions of people claiming it was fake on his reputation it was about an inch and half maybe 2 iches long and at its tallest 1 inch at the mostly I wish I had a picture of it there's no mistaking was definitely the shape of a bison it was his prized possession it was very cool anybody hear of anything like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                          Found something!
                          Is it Real? Any thoughts about it? Funny thing is I found it next to a game camera that I’ve had there for four years.
                          OL, yes its real. Likely a generic archaic blade. the basal corner suggest it might have been a preform that was planned to be completed as a point later. Very nice but exact age is hard on that one. Its at least 3000 years old and could be older.

Comment

Found some small ones in a cave.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Those are some cool looking heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                                Found some small ones in a cave.
                                Very nice points. Very nice. Tell us more about this cave. If you found points like that there, no telling what else is in and around it.

Comment

Working...
                                X