No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else has found some artifacts, now that the season has begun?

Comment

Any help identifying appreciated, Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife daughter and I were walking the creek one day after some flooding and found this one, in the creek bottom.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-03-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Kind of relevant to this thread

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
            Kind of relevant to this thread

https://youtu.be/bwmbI4_rmgg

Catchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any guesses on what these are? Found in Jasper county near Angelina river. The blunt one appears to be intentionally rounded, doesn't look broken. I was at the Heritage Village in Woodville yesterday, there were a couple in display cases that looked just like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The rounded one is a much resharpened Gary. Yes (like most) it was a knife form. the other is likely a Yarborough although if it is stem ground it could be a Early stemmed/Wilson. 3,000ish years old on both unless that one is ground.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  The rounded one is a much resharpened Gary. Yes (like most) it was a knife form. the other is likely a Yarborough although if it is stem ground it could be a Early stemmed/Wilson. 3,000ish years old on both unless that one is ground.
                  Thanks! Check out post 842, what do you think about that one? That one and these other two were found about 30yds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
                    Thanks! Check out post 842, what do you think about that one? That one and these other two were found about 30yds apart.
                    Quarterback pretty much answered it. Could be epps as could the second one above. At any rate it is likely middle Archaic like the two above.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      My wife daughter and I were walking the creek one day after some flooding and found this one, in the creek bottom.
                      I missed that one. Very fine!

Comment

ID?

Can someone please help me with an ID on this one. Found along the Llano River in Mason County. Matches perfectly to a Clovis on size according to my Overstreet guide book. Also looks like a Arkabutla, but doesn’t match as well. Any help is appreciated.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                          Can someone please help me with an ID on this one. Found along the Llano River in Mason County. Matches perfectly to a Clovis on size according to my Overstreet guide book. Also looks like a Arkabutla, but doesn’t match as well. Any help is appreciated.
                          I'm not any help but that's a cool find.. we're you digging or spot it on the surface?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                            Hmmm.....let me get my little book out and see what it says. That is a very definitive tool and it looks old from the base. Very cool find. That country around Llano has loads of arrowheads.

On edit: At first glance it could be one of the following:
                            - Barber (possibly re-sharpened)
                            - Golondrina
                            - Kinney
                            - Plainview

I'll give it another look and try to narrow it down a little more.
                            Last edited by quarterback; 04-07-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              Hmmm.....let me get my little book out and see what it says. That is a very definitive tool and it looks old from the base. Very cool find. That country around Llano has loads of arrowheads.

On edit: At first glance it could be one of the following:
                              - Barber (possibly re-sharpened)
                              - Golondrina
                              - Kinney
                              - Plainview

I'll give it another look and try to narrow it down a little more.
                              Some of those do look really close. The only reason I said Clovis is because it matched one of the pictures perfectly. It does look real close to a Barber and Golondrina as well though

Comment

The resharpening looks non clovis but lets see the other side. Show the basal flaking if possible. it does look Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X