Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 6 let him go or bring him down? (buck on the left)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 6 let him go or bring him down? (buck on the left)

This guy on the left is only a 6 point. Can't really see his horns in this pic, but he's got this little nub trying to come up to fork the ends. Wondering what you guys think let him walk or just take him out?

Hard to tell his age. I'm thinking 3.5
    Attached Files

I've got a similar one but I think he's a year or two older. have you had a chance to sit and watch him at all. I'm targeting my large 6 due to the fact that I've been observing him during axis hunts in the summer and he's the dominant buck in the bachelor group.

Comment

I would say to keep him around. From that picture I dont think he looks to be older than 3.5. If he doesnt amount to much by next year then yeah probably time, but to me it would be worth it to keep him around another year.

Comment

No I haven't had a chance to watch him yet. Been too hot & muggy hopefully get out there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
          I would say to keep him around. From that picture I dont think he looks to be older than 3.5. If he doesnt amount to much by next year then yeah probably time, but to me it would be worth it to keep him around another year.
          I'm kind of thinking the same way. Give him a shot to maybe get another point or 2 next year.

Comment

Pass, that looks like a 2 year old.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0071.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24555992

this is the one I'm after.

Comment

he does have brow tines. give him one more year. protein might just make him blow up.

Comment

What do your other 2-3 year olds look like?

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    [ATTACH]928321[/ATTACH]

this is the one I'm after.

Comment

Let him walk

Comment

No way that I would let that deer walk! A 3.5 year old deer should have more than 6 pts. I would take him out unless he is at the top end for his age class on your property.

Comment

I'd smoke his butt

Comment

He looks 4 to me. I’d put him on the hit list. Bucks like that make good kid / guest hunter deer.

Comment

Well heck its TBH... kill him and take names later...

Comment

Working...
                              X