Roof leak problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latter.

In fact the insurance company already cut my payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      There is NO way I'm climbing on that roof for any reason at any time to do anything!

The pitch is a 12.
      I don't blame you. I am finishing up my screened porch and it's a 12/12. Hopefully the last metal roof I ever do.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
        Have someone install the " correct " Dek-tite flashing. Disregard all the suggestions to recaulk or slather some miracle goop, nothing is going to stick to lead.
        It doesn't look like they screwed the lead flashing down which should make the lead flashing easier to remove. Hopefully they used clear silicone under the lead and it won't show up too bad when you remove it.
        This.

Here is how you will want someone to do it:
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NnpATQ9Fk"]How to Install Rubber Vent Pipe Boot on Metal Roof Super Easy - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have a metal roof exactly like yours and the same color…. Our contractor ran any vents out the side of the house about 2 ft under the eaves… Our roof is completely smooth or no vents that is…

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
            This.

Here is how you will want someone to do it:
            How to Install Rubber Vent Pipe Boot on Metal Roof Super Easy - YouTube
            Thats it!

I would have a roofer do every roof penetration just like this before they got down

Comment

I was thinking that, too, Kevin, but Cameron may be a bit out of his reach.

Perhaps I was not clear in my first post:

There is NO way I'm climbing on that roof for any reason at any time to do anything!

The pitch is a 12.

I bet Chuy will surprise you!

Comment

Thank you everyone who recommended DekTite flashing. That is the way to go and perhaps that was not available 11 years ago when it was built. Mountaineer - I watched that video and honestly I was blown away by his Cougar Paws. Enough so that I'm going to go to a local dealer and take a look at them. If they work well, I might get the courage to climb up there myself! With a safety rope of course.

Comment

Thank you everyone who recommended DekTite flashing. That is the way to go and perhaps that was not available 11 years ago when it was built. Mountaineer - I watched that video and honestly I was blown away by his Cougar Paws. Enough so that I'm going to go to a local dealer and take a look at them. If they work well, I might get the courage to climb up there myself! With a safety rope of course.
                  Cougar Paws won't help on a 12/12 metal roof! Make dang sure it's dry!

Comment

Thanks, Slew. I needed a knock of common sense.

Comment

Don’t even think about it. The roof in that video is not very steep. Hire a pro to do it on a 12/12. Steeper metal roofs are slick when wet and slick when dry with dust on them.

I’m on steep shingled roofs almost every day and I still don’t like getting on low sloped metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok.

I'll ask my Mueller contractor if he can switch these all out to the DekTite

Comment

Tracey, I highly recommend Done Right Roofing, they are local out of Milano, you can see alot of there work on reviews on Facebook. They are awesome people and big supporters of the youth of Milam county

https://donerightroofing.net/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by waffles; 01-25-2023, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks, my husband likes Jay McDonald JMD Roofing out of CS. He's a certified Mueller installer and he's worked on our roof in the past. He has already looked at the photos and said, "Piece of cake!" and sent me an estimate. He will be out next week to replace all of them.

Comment

Working...
                            X