No announcement yet.

Stolen guns in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in SA and I can tell you it's a cesspool no doubt. Looking forward to the day I retire and leave. Sorry to hear about the guns. Hope you recover them

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
      Man that is awful. It sure seems like San Antonio is or has become a cesspool for crimes of that nature in the past 10 years or so. I asked what is the busiest time of day to go by bass pro and pretty much everyone said be careful lock everything up so your vehicle doesn't get stole or broke into.
      I was just thing the same thing, but S hithole came to mind instead of cesspool. San Antonio and guns stolen out of vehicles is a common thread. When my son goes to the stock show he pulls fuses out of his fuse box on his Ford 2500.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
        I was just thing the same thing, but S hithole came to mind instead of cesspool. San Antonio and guns stolen out of vehicles is a common thread. When my son goes to the stock show he pulls fuses out of his fuse box on his Ford 2500.
        I’m interested in this Ford 2500

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          Good luck with that. I have been dealing with SAPD and Bexar County since April to try and get my stuff back. Its a PIA...
          I tried for 4 years to get a shotgun back that I knew they had. Finally gave up.

Comment

I left in '96 and had one driveway theft from my F250--my bow quiver full of arrows.

Comment

Hope some way you can get your guns back. Good luck.
              I hit the Academy on the west side of SA as often as possible. I always rush when I am in that store. Same as Bass pro. SAPD needs to leave bait vehicles out. Sit and wait.

Comment

Never ever stop alone with gear in the truck, it's never worth it no matter how fast you are. These guys sit and wait for that exact thing and pounce when it happens. The trailer rigs usually end up having to park further out in the lot as well.

Hopefully those guns show up at a pawn shop or something and you get them back. Left handed Ruger is a little more unique so hopefully can get a hit on that.

Originally posted by Lslite View Post
                Not sure,off of I-10 somewhere.
                Anywhere along that i10 corridor North of 410 and up to Bass Pro area is a hotbed of vehicle theft. Not sure what it is about that area but it's been that way for quite some time now. We need a volunteer sniper on a few roof tops and a bait rig, put a stop to it PDQ.

Comment

Heres to the lesson !

For me it ain’t no lesson, he bet it all on black, the house took red.

I stopped locking my vehicles 15 years ago

Comment

My group of 10 was at the Academy closest to Hwy 90/410 loop. We had 2 guys stay at the trucks while the others got their hunting license and we just rotated. Nobody else is on TBH but i told them all about the crime in SA. They really didn't believe me as we have never had any issues in 20+ years of going down there but i was adamant about protecting our bows. This was a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I think the majority of these are inside security jobs! They are never around when these things are snatched up into thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        I’m interested in this Ford 2500
                        It`s a crossbreed.

Comment

I ain't never stop-n in SA! Except to maybe get gas at a pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Lslite View Post
                            Yea,he knew better than to stop.Had his trailer with the 4 wheeler,coolers and generator with him.Didn't get any of that,but he might as well had a sign that said the guns were in the truck.He learned a hard,expensive lesson.Anybody have a left handed deer rifle for sale ?
                            That is a hard lesson and sorry it happened to him. I have a Toyota 4-Runner and when I go to ANY Academy, Cabelas, etc.......I make sure my vehicle is empty of all packages. If I am headed to the ranch then I pack everything including food before I leave the house. My only stop would be at a gas station or the feed store. It is awful that we can’t stop places without having our vehicles broken in to. Try a Pawn shop in the area for left handed rifles.

Comment

If you drive an American pickup truck and you leave anything you love in it. It’s gonna get stolen.

Saltgrass. Chilis. Bass pro. Academy. The mall. Any shopping center. It’s going to get taken.

The route to hunting camp. 90. I10. 35. It’s gonna happen. So leave a guy in the truck or don’t leave it in the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X