austin alert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
    Oh yeah buddy, the reefer madness is alive and well. The ones who are most anti are usually the most clueless, or speak from "experience" with whatever family member. Nobody ever try's to address these issues as a public health issue which is how any drug addiction should be approached. If people think the status quo of treating it as a criminal issue has done anything of value to curb drug use they're obviously not paying attention.
    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
      https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/factsheets/pregnancy.htm

As states have begun to legalize marijuana, its use has been more openly discussed. While the effects of other commonly used drugs, such as alcohol, have been studied extensively, the effects of marijuana – especially on developing babies during pregnancy – have been much less studied and less widely publicized. This relative silence from the scientific community has affected the public’s opinion on the safety …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yet more facts from the medical community who would stand to lose billions through legalization. Noted, and taken with a large dose of skepticism.

To be clear, there may be some truth in some of this. But the question of WHY is not asked nearly enough in life.

Comment

Wasn’t arguing that at all.
        Now do alcohol. Why don’t they just make cool commercials and tell people “Please smoke responsibly.” like the alcohol peeps and line the pockets of pols? You’re citing additional problems being invited. Do you think if they legalized weed, pregnant moms will say “hail yeah, it’s legal now, I’m gonna smoke”. Your numbers will be virtually the same either way.
        I realize we probably aren’t going to agree on this, but I appreciate the respectful back and forth. Have a good weekend. [emoji1598]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Wasn’t arguing that at all.
          Now do alcohol. Why don’t they just make cool commercials and tell people “Please smoke responsibly.” like the alcohol peeps and line the pockets of pols? You’re citing additional problems being invited. Do you think if they legalized weed, pregnant moms will say “hail yeah, it’s legal now, I’m gonna smoke”. Your numbers will be virtually the same either way.
          I realize we probably aren’t going to agree on this, but I appreciate the respectful back and forth. Have a good weekend. [emoji1598]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did I say alcohol isn’t a problem?

It’s basically like a liberal saying we should have open borders because there are already MS13 members in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            Yet more facts from the medical community who would stand to lose billions through legalization. Noted, and taken with a large dose of skepticism.

To be clear, there may be some truth in some of this. But the question of WHY is not asked nearly enough in life.

Yes. Clearly all a scam. Nothing is healthier for a fetus than getting them stoned off their *** every day during their development in the womb.

Comment

Yes. Clearly all a scam. Nothing is healthier for a fetus than getting them stoned off their *** every day during their development in the womb.
              Don’t be a dumbass. And don’t put words in my mouth. Clearly I have no trouble forming coherent thoughts, and don’t need your help. I have plenty of words of my own.

Normally I steer clear of name calling here. Made an exception for you, but more so that comment.
              That being said, let me rephrase. Don’t say dumb *** ****
              Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-24-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Did I say alcohol isn’t a problem?

It’s basically like a liberal saying we should have open borders because there are already MS13 members in the United States.
                Yeah... just like that. Godspeed.

Comment

So then tell me, Kyle. Who stands to lose the most by the legalization of marijuana. I want your honest opinion.
                  And don’t be so naïve, Money makes the world go round, sadly.

Comment

Yeah... just like that. Godspeed.
                    Pretty much tells ya everything you needed to know , right.

Comment

austin alert!

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Don’t be a dumbass. And don’t put words in my mouth. Clearly I have no trouble forming coherent thoughts, and don’t need your help. I have plenty of words of my own.

Only a dumbass would argue that marijuana doesn’t effect developing children. Have another gummie and strap that tin foil hat on a little tighter.

The rate of kids with special needs has been increasing steadily over the years. The percentage of pregnant women (70%) who think marijuana isn’t harmful to a fetus is very likely tied together.
                      Last edited by kyle1974; 01-24-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

responded to wrong post.....
                        Last edited by Graysonhogs; 01-24-2020, 03:11 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Alcohol related crashes cost 114 billion a year in direct and indirect costs. That's just accidents. Nobody is indoctrinated. If anything people are indoctrinated to the alcohol culture.
                          Never said alcohol weren’t bad.

Comment

Only a dumbass would argue that marijuana doesn’t effect developing children. Have another gummie and strap that tin foil hat on a little tighter.
                            Listen, You clearly know I was not advocating for pregnant women to be getting high.
                            Matter of fact, I believe that you’re the only one in this entire thread who has made any reference to pregnant women getting high. As a father of four, I assure you, that my children’s safety is my utmost priority, whether in the womb or in the world.

My point, which you keep avoiding, I have made very clear on this entire thread. The fight against legalization is coming directly from big Pharma lobbyists and medical industry as a whole. Period.

Do your own research pal. Good luck out there.

Comment

There it is whacked in 3.....2......1...

Comment

The rate of kids with special needs has been increasing steadily over the years. The percentage of pregnant women (70%) who think marijuana isn’t harmful to a fetus is very likely tied together.
                                Gee, Do you think there are more pregnant women out there drinking, or smoking weed. Let’s really get into your argument, shall we? I’ll go ahead and tell you, you probably don’t want to do this

Comment

Working...
                                X