Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    My wife has to login/log off when at her desk or away
    Of course it automatically goes to VM when she is on the phone or logged off
    check about updates on system! Is this abnormal behavior in your
    Office / line of business?

Sorry just reading your answer is she a peer or subordinate ? If peer gentle reminders about personal space if sub be fair but stern
    Peer

Comment

Call a supervisor

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
      If you are a supervisor and don’t know how to handle this you’ve got bigger problems as does the company you work for.
      My wife a 20 year USAA veteran kinda said same and she is a noisy woman
      She said call a supervisor in HR

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
        I dont see any issues but i suggest not using your co phone number for personal business then there wont be an issue. IMO.
        Totally see your point, and I wouldn't, if I had cell reception. Company policy is we can take personal calls while at work as long as it's not consuming too much of my time. I'm in management and there isn't an issue with taking calls while "on the clock".
        Last edited by ctom87; 01-23-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

It would bug me. We have voicemail for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
            If you are a supervisor and don’t know how to handle this you’ve got bigger problems as does the company you work for.
            Please re-read original post. I already handled it before posting. I'm seeking council as to if this was done appropriately and I'm trying to find understanding as to why someone would feel the need (when there is absolutely 0 reason) to invade another person's privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              My wife a 20 year USAA veteran kinda said same and she is a noisy woman
              She said call a supervisor in HR
              Haha...it's good that I know one.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Have someone call you desk and pretend to be an officer and advise your coworker that your wife was just killed in a horrible accident or something and they are trying to get ahold of you. Then have fun with it.

That’s bad karma all day long and could get you fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Next time when you phone rings and you answer it just load my say “ I never got that message and will have to check with out secretary who answers our phone” then stand up and ask her even though there was no message.

Or just politely ask her to stop answering your phone and you don’t appreciate it. When away from your desk turn your ringer off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If each employee has their own direct line and/or internal extension, I'd say answering other people's desk phones is not normal; at least in a standard office environment.

If it's more a customer service situation, such as a call center or sales floor, that obviously could be different.

So, unless the work environment dictates that type of behavior, my opinion is it's not normal.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      If each employee has their own direct line and/or internal extension, I'd say answering other people's desk phones is not normal; at least in a standard office environment.

If it's more a customer service situation, such as a call center or sales floor, that obviously could be different.

So, unless the work environment dictates that type of behavior, my opinion is it's not normal.
                      While it is a call center, there are 2 lines. One for our dept calls we take, and everyone's own personal desk number. Even the number is unique. Everyone has their own.

Comment

OP, if she wants to take all your calls let her. Tell her how you like your coffee, and that you expect her to drop your cleaning off to.

And for kicks and giggle, from time to time, task her with calling people.

And then ask her when Secretary weeks rolls around, where would she like to eat.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think the green screen is the place to get advice on how to fix this problem. Not to be a jerk or anything, but if you are in the HR department, and in management, there should be resources in-house to help you deal with this.

Comment

I need her number so she can answer my phone. LOL!

Comment

Not sure what policy might be but I consider an invasion of privacy and not respecting a boundary you set (assuming it's within your power to do) to be an issue to raise with your manager and/or HR.

Comment

She should be stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X