X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
      I know...I know I dont have to do squat but I want to appease the buyers and show that I am correcting most every electric issue that was mentioned in report

If I were you, I would get with the buyers and bring an electrician and have him explain what the inspector found. He didnt find anything that should scare anybody off. If I was buying that house, I wouldnt want you drilling into that brick to move an accessible disconnect 3’ to the side. Jmo, but its worth a thought.

Comment

I see more ac disconnects installed incorrectly than correct. When I got in the business very few even had disconnects.
        I wouldn't fix it, or give them the option to fix but increase the house price. Depends on how motivated you are to sell.
        The inspector has to note any deficiencies to current code. If he doesn't then what was he paid for?

In my neighborhood all of the houses were wired without ground wires to the receptacles. The only ones with ground wires are the ones that came set up for window units, the washing machine outlet, stove and garbage disposal. When they were built most folks didn't have that fancy central air conditioning. Doesn't mean anyone rewires a house when it sells.

Comment

Were recently sold our home. My suggestions:

Its your Realtors job to explain these area areas found by inspector and their option to fix/repair. If they want them fixed put that in the offer as a contingency or better pending their inspection.

If they want it changed, the cost is part of the price negotiation. Get a cost from an electrician.

If it’s been flagged as a code violation, and you’re not a licensed electrician and you do the repair- if that’s even legal in Texas- you’re setting yourself up for problems. Do you need to disclose the inspection by law? Many states require it- ask your Realtor.

The buyer’s inspector and lender may have bigger problems with a flagged code violation repaired by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            This is wrong.

Op. You can’t run line and load in the same conduit. Just throw a jbox on existing disconnect and move it over. Abandon the line that goes thru the wall to the unit. Run a new line in a flex whip (assuming it’s shorter than 6’) if it’s longer you can run sch. 80 pvc and then transition to flex. I will post pic next.

I agree with everything except the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              I agree with everything except the bold.

Well I guess you could. It doesn’t say you can’t in the code. 230.7 specifically refers to service equipment. You could also trim a commercial building without wrapping the receptacles with tape. It doesn’t say you have to in the code. But yes, rubi is correct. What’s in bold is my personal preference, not code.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Well I guess you could. It doesn’t say you can’t in the code. 230.7 specifically refers to service equipment. You could also trim a commercial building without wrapping the receptacles with tape. It doesn’t say you have to in the code. But yes, rubi is correct. What’s in bold is my personal preference, not code.

Apples and oranges comparison.
                Not taping could cause a ground fault...
                Line and loads run in the same conduit is quite common.
                Switches and photocells are a couple instances off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Were recently sold our home. My suggestions:

Its your Realtors job to explain these area areas found by inspector and their option to fix/repair. If they want them fixed put that in the offer as a contingency or better pending their inspection.

If they want it changed, the cost is part of the price negotiation. Get a cost from an electrician.

If it’s been flagged as a code violation, and you’re not a licensed electrician and you do the repair- if that’s even legal in Texas- you’re setting yourself up for problems. Do you need to disclose the inspection by law? Many states require it- ask your Realtor.

The buyer’s inspector and lender may have bigger problems with a flagged code violation repaired by you.

What did you do?

Can a non-licensed Texas homeowner repair an electrical code violation reported in a home inspection report?

Comment

Working...
                  X