No announcement yet.

Finally getting my knee taken care of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did cortisone shots for several years on both of my knees then had some kind of gel shot in them ( one shot each knee for three weeks ). When that quit working they did a MRI and found I had 2 tears in each knee. Had the first one done 10-09-17 and the second one done on 11-15-17. The first knee had no cartilage in it and was bone on bone. The second was the same but had a cyst behind my knee cap. I was off for 3 1/2 months because my work said don’t come back unless 100%.
    Knees still hurt when up on them for long periods of time or if I got to get down on them to work on something. Got a feeling I will be getting total replacement when I get alittle older. Just turned 50 this past October. Was told I was too young to do replacement yet.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

I need two partial knee replacements and have been getting cortisone shots for the last several years. Doc told me stem cell shots work pretty well but my part of the cost was $700.00 per shot. Stuck with cortisone.

Comment

Going through the same thing, had my first injection on my right knee this morning. Amazing difference from this time yesterday. Just pray that it lasts, and that I can hold off on knee replacement for 4 years, turning 61 next month.

Comment

The synvisc injection is short term relief, the problem I had was that the injection allowed particulates to move around, causing my knee to start locking up. Man up and get the replacement. Let me know if you need a good doc.

Comment

I was having problems with my right knee. Doc put me on Celebrex. It's been working great since about June, but once it is no longer effective, injections will be next. You will be in my prayers.

Comment

Y'all are making me nervous. I've talked to 7 or 8 people here in our building that said the gel injection was the best thing they ever had done. Insurance has a protocol on this stuff. Can't do replacement until we try this first.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Maybe they can do something about that mug of yours while you're in there!
              Attached Files

Comment

I know it has only been 24 hours, but my knee hasn't felt this good in a few years. I hoping this did the trick for a while.

Comment

Getting back on my shots Monday. Been off of em for over a year. Can’t wait. !

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    I know it has only been 24 hours, but my knee hasn't felt this good in a few years. I hoping this did the trick for a while.
                    Awesome news! Hope the knees stay on the painless side.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      Glad it has worked for you so far. Hopefully improvements will continue.

Comment

Best of luck! tried all that stuff all worked a short time ..None worked for me on either Knee ...Had them replaced almost 2y ago 10w apart......Looking back It was not that bad sure theres discomfort the first few weeks ..But it was not as bad as Pain I had before surgery...All that Hobbing around/pain pills and doc visits trying this and that for 10y+.
                        and Now No Pain, no pain pills ,no Doc visits, just a couple scars about9"long..,I can do anything I did in my 30s...And only spent about 24h in Hospital with each surgery...
                        I have Med care/and supplement ins...cost was out of pocket less than $500 total

Comment

I'm sitting here reading this on my couch while my knee is recovering from total replacement. Wen't through everything you can go through to help it. Nothing worked. As to Synvisk injections I had 5. It works in about 50% of the people. Did not work for me at all so finally ended up with new knee. My wife had it done a couple of years ago and was totally normal in 2 weeks. I, on the other hand, am one month post op and it still hurts. Doc says everyone is different but in the end, not to worry, you do recover and get back to normal. Took 3 weeks to get off the Opioids and am now down to just Ibuprofen to help you sleep at night. For awhile, in terms of pain, I was thinking," hey this is about a break even." But now that i've turned the corner I'm excited. Of course it cost me a deer season. That's the worst part.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
                            I'm sitting here reading this on my couch while my knee is recovering from total replacement. Wen't through everything you can go through to help it. Nothing worked. As to Synvisk injections I had 5. It works in about 50% of the people. Did not work for me at all so finally ended up with new knee. My wife had it done a couple of years ago and was totally normal in 2 weeks. I, on the other hand, am one month post op and it still hurts. Doc says everyone is different but in the end, not to worry, you do recover and get back to normal. Took 3 weeks to get off the Opioids and am now down to just Ibuprofen to help you sleep at night. For awhile, in terms of pain, I was thinking," hey this is about a break even." But now that i've turned the corner I'm excited. Of course it cost me a deer season. That's the worst part.
                            Just got home from my surgery yesterday. Though I was a tuff sumbuck until about noon today. Figured the nerve block had worn off. WRONG! Dang thing hurts but I’m not very tough. Hopefully the ends will be justified by the means bc rt now I’m not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              Best of luck! tried all that stuff all worked a short time ..None worked for me on either Knee ...Had them replaced almost 2y ago 10w apart......Looking back It was not that bad sure theres discomfort the first few weeks ..But it was not as bad as Pain I had before surgery...All that Hobbing around/pain pills and doc visits trying this and that for 10y+.
                              and Now No Pain, no pain pills ,no Doc visits, just a couple scars about9"long..,I can do anything I did in my 30s...And only spent about 24h in Hospital with each surgery...
                              I have Med care/and supplement ins...cost was out of pocket less than $500 total
                              I’m curious, Can you run? I’ve often wondered if I could start running again if I had a knee replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                                I’m curious, Can you run? I’ve often wondered if I could start running again if I had a knee replacement!
                                No running allowed. I'm on my second year with new knee. Not able to neel on that knee with out a good cushion.

Comment

Working...
                                X