Finally getting my knee taken care of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting my knee taken care of.

I've had trouble with my left knee for a long time. I finally had it looked at the week before Christmas. The MRI showed almost no cartilage. My knee is basically bone on bone. Friday, the ortho is going to inject a gel to re-cushion it. Wish me luck that this works because I'm just plain tired of hurtin.

Keep us posted. I’m close to the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck to you sir. I just had my meniscus repaired in my left knee and on crutches/big ol brace for 6 weeks. I feel your pain.

Comment

Good luck. I had that done 3 times. Lasted about 3 months each time. No help the last time. Having knee replacement surgery next wednesday. Dont be like me and live in pain for 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            Good luck. I had that done 3 times. Lasted about 3 months each time. No help the last time. Having knee replacement surgery next wednesday. Dont be like me and live in pain for 25 years.
            I've had trouble with my knee's since I was a teenager. I'm 62 now. Between football, steer wrestling and dirt bikes, I'm surprised they have lasted this long. 43 years of leaning on the left one standing in front of a lathe hasn't helped either.

Comment

Good luck with it! You'll be running into LJS and Burger King instead of hobbling now!..

Comment

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to have bad knees, showing no sign of cushion in X-rays. took cortisone shots for a few yrs and when that worked no more, I tried a shot of Syn-visc. Sounds like what you are talking about. It was expensive and, for me, it did no good. Of course everyone is different. I have had both knees replaced in the past couple years and life is good. Good luck with yours!

Comment

I’m 44 and lost most of the cartilage in my hips. Not sure what I’ll do in the upcoming years to fix that

Comment

Several years ago I had euflexa injections in both knees. 1 injection per knee for 3 weeks. this worked pretty well and enabled me to ride my bike. Lasted a couple of years, and I had the Synvisc (sp?). Didn't last as long, and need to do something now. I could be in much better shape if my knees worked well. Too much going on with the cancer to go through with knee replacements.

Comment

Maybe they can do something about that mug of yours while you're in there!

Comment

Good luck. Hope it helps you. The shot is made from Rooster Combs I am told.
                            I have had 3 shots. You feel like Michael Jordan for a week then... and in about a month, you feel like Butterbean. My experience.
                            I'm fixin for replacements soon.
                            Do not know if your weight is an issue. But my doc told me each pound you lose, is 10lbs of pressure off of your knees.
                            Hope you feel better.

Comment

have had numerous cortisone injections, less and less effective. tried syn-visc with no help....finally had left knee replaced....not as good as new, but huge improvement.....having right knee done on Monday, exactly 6 years after the first......played 18 holes on the 46th day after my first knee replacement....I was 66 at the time.....hope for as good results!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X