Job Opening - Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
    Who would you be employed by. Retirement???

BNSF

Railroad retirement is very competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      65k to open a bridge.

I'm severely underpaid at my current job.
      Sure seems like a lot of pay on the surface. However, that area of the intercoastal has a ton of barge traffic and those train tracts get a fair amount of use too. Some of those barges are hauling some pretty nasty stuff as well. I'd say whoever is operating that bridge best be paying attention.

Comment

PM sent.My Nephew is fresh out of the Army and is looking for a job in the area.
        Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          Sure seems like a lot of pay on the surface. However, that area of the intercoastal has a ton of barge traffic and those train tracts get a fair amount of use too. Some of those barges are hauling some pretty nasty stuff as well. I'd say whoever is operating that bridge best be paying attention.

I’m not saying they don’t deserve every penny they make, but honestly it’s not bad at all. The bridge stays open for marine traffic and only goes down for trains then right back up. The train traffic onto and off the island is probably less than 10 a day combined. The operator monitors marine and railroad radios and you utilize the marine traffic website (forget the name) and can see what boats are coming your way. They also log each boat and the time as they go through for records. The only downside is you can’t fish off the edge.

Comment

Sent you a PM earlier today

Comment

Working...
            X