Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We finally closed on the new property and couldn’t be happier!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been looking for a while now. Congrats, i'm jealous

Comment

Brought in 48 tons of crushed asphalt today and got it spread out around the shop and road out to front gate. The caliche has served its purpose well over time but it needed a facelift and I’m so tired of the dust.

I really like the looks of it better that’s for sure. I think it will pack well since the crushed rock road has been there for over 5 years. They say it helps to lay down the crushed asphalt on a good established base.
      We will see how it does...hope it lasts.
      4 loads of 12 tons each.

Leveled and spread some out next to shop where RV will be parked.

Comment

I put the recycled asphalt down at my house in 2006 and once again in around 2012 and it has held up well. We like the way it looks as well. I was told by a couple of the old timers around here that they spray theirs with used engine oil that is diluted with diesel to keep it looking good and dark. The place looks amazing by the way.

Comment

That's nice congrats.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
              I put the recycled asphalt down at my house in 2006 and once again in around 2012 and it has held up well. We like the way it looks as well. I was told by a couple of the old timers around here that they spray theirs with used engine oil that is diluted with diesel to keep it looking good and dark. The place looks amazing by the way.

Thanks for the compliment.

Interesting about the engine oil and diesel mixture. [emoji848] We use that same concoction to treat the boards on our utility trailers and it works for sure.

Comment

Looking **** good! Keep the pics coming and the checkbook open!

Comment

Lookin good amigo!

Comment

Been traveling a lot for work recently and haven’t provided an update in a few weeks.
                    It took forever but we finally got the electric company to flip the switch so now we have power and lights in the shop. [emoji106]

We decided to go with “coca cola” colored stained concrete in the temporary apartment. I think it’s going to turn out good but I forgot to take a darn pic before they covered it up. [emoji2357] Walls have been textured, trim and baseboards are in and a pocket door installed.

Cabinets were installed today and being stained in the morning.

Countertops, tile, backsplash and paint is next. Plumbing for the shower and sinks to follow and then appliances. This is crazy as it’s beginning to sink in that........well........this is really happening and that we will actually be living out here before long. [emoji15]

Comment

Nice progress! I know the feeling...it's getting real! Keep the updates coming!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Awesome progress. Can't wait to visit.

Comment

Looking great Joel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trim and paint completed and the cabinets are stained. Countertops, shower tile and backsplash hopefully this week.

Man....that’s a small closet [emoji30]

Comment

Oh.....and deer season must be over huh?

Comment

Glad the shop is coming along, Joel, looking good! You're in East Texas, so it's still deer season on those bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X