X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
      So am also trying to get bang for my buck. Is there a reason not to consider the Vortex scopes? I have their binos and love them.
      yes vortex sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
        Have to go with opticsplanet since that is where the gift certificate is from.

Comment

I was looking at those this morning. Also did a little reading. Not familiar with this brand. Some are saying the quality is better than Leupold in several instances.
          I like the Meopro 3-9x40 with BDC reticle

Comment

Leupold makes some nice products don't get me wrong. But I know for a fact that the vortex warranty can not be beat. I bought a refurbished from opticsplanet. After finding it was messed up, I sent it to vortex for warranty work. I Called them a week later and they said it was jacked. So the guy I talked to said they were going to send me a brand new one, which they did. Also very clear glass on my vortex. JM2c

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              yes vortex sucks.
              Why?

Comment

I am interested as well. There are a lot of good reviews on the vortex scopes. I have a friend who swears by Leupold brand. I am new to the rifle scope market so I am keeping an open mind. I do have a budget mind you but will still spend a little coin. I once purchased a $800 camera lens for my canon because I knew it was that good so I understand the importance of good glass.

So at this point, I am looking at the following.

Nikon
                Leupold
                Vortex
                Meopta

Not in any particular order. If I place my order today, I will save an additional 10% at opticsplanet.

Comment

I am interested as well. There are a lot of good reviews on the vortex scopes. I have a friend who swears by Leupold brand. I am new to the rifle scope market so I am keeping an open mind. I do have a budget mind you but will still spend a little coin. I once purchased a $800 camera lens for my canon because I knew it was that good so I understand the importance of good glass.

So at this point, I am looking at the following.

Nikon
                  Leupold
                  Vortex
                  Meopta

Not in any particular order. If I place my order today, I will save an additional 10% at opticsplanet.

Until you get to the Razor line of scopes in Vortex the glass and coatings are inferior. As to their warranty they do what they say but all major scope manufacturers have a similar policy.

Of those on your list I would stick to Leupold and Meopta. I have no personal experience with Meopta so I can’t speak from experience but I have owned several Vortex scopes and I do own a lot of Leupold scopes. On the very rare occasion I have had to use Leupold’s warranty they have stood behind it 100%. Vortex has as well but I’ve owned way less Vortex but used their warranty on every scope I have owned. I’d rather have a product that never used warranty over one that has a good warranty but gets used a lot. It’s a major PITA to have a gun set up and shooting well only to have to pull it back apart to send a scope in for a warranty issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Until you get to the Razor line of scopes in Vortex the glass and coatings are inferior. As to their warranty they do what they say but all major scope manufacturers have a similar policy.

Of those on your list I would stick to Leupold and Meopta. I have no personal experience with Meopta so I can’t speak from experience but I have owned several Vortex scopes and I do own a lot of Leupold scopes. On the very rare occasion I have had to use Leupold’s warranty they have stood behind it 100%. Vortex has as well but I’ve owned way less Vortex but used their warranty on every scope I have owned. I’d rather have a product that never used warranty over one that has a good warranty but gets used a lot. It’s a major PITA to have a gun set up and shooting well only to have to pull it back apart to send a scope in for a warranty issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I have it narrowed down to (1) of these 2 scopes then

Comment

https://www.opticsplanet.com/compare...273178-4866464
                      How far do you plan on shooting. For normal hunting I would snag that Leupold

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        How far do you plan on shooting. For normal hunting I would snag that Leupold
                        Up to 200 yards probably.

But I wanted the extra magnification. Just to have it.

Comment

https://www.opticsplanet.com/compare...273178-4866464
                          31oz on a Meopta would be a hard pass for me as the Leupold is 16.5. That's almost 2# on a hunting rig. Also when scopes have a wide zoom (6x) range cheaper optics start to show in distortion. 4.5-27 will be a tell tale sign as you will have a sweet spot but neither full zoom or full open will be as sharp as you will want and eye relief can be tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            31oz on a Meopta would be a hard pass for me as the Leupold is 16.5. That's almost 2# on a hunting rig. Also when scopes have a wide zoom (6x) range cheaper optics start to show in distortion. 4.5-27 will be a tell tale sign as you will have a sweet spot but neither full zoom or full open will be as sharp as you will want and eye relief can be tricky.
                            I can understand on the far zoom part. But on the wide open I'm not sure. Camera lenses tend to be fairly crisp on wide open zooms as they let in the most light.

It's so tough trying to shop online without actually holding these scopes in my hand lol.

The weight of the scope is such a non-issue for me. I hear people talk about this stuff all the time but when you are stationary, what does it matter?

Comment

What gun/cartridge is this scope going on?

Comment

Working...
                              X