Abilene dove numbers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
    Pretty slow in Haskell so far. Son and I got 7 this morning. Wasn't much flying.
    We’re a little west of Haskell, about 8 of us on this property, scratched out 5 or 6 each before it got hot this morning.

Comment

our group of three killed our limit this morning, had another group of two people kill 20 something, third group that killed around 20 or so i believe as well

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
        Il b in Haskell this afternoon. Il try to report back
        How was it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyattC View Post
          our group of three killed our limit this morning, had another group of two people kill 20 something, third group that killed around 20 or so i believe as well
          Where from Abilene are yal

Comment

Just got back from Santa Ana, nothing but a few stray local birds. Frontal system blew what they had out, outfitter had decent birds until the weather came in right on time....

Stu

Comment

to my report above about the gentleman that ranches our place giving a positive report..holy smokes he undersold it. I've been hunting out there 20 years and he's been ranching it for 45 years and his quote was "ive never seen anything like this."

We are ten miles due south of albany. two northerners in the last ten days blew thru and the precip missed us 3 miles to the west on one and two miles to the east on the other. Our estimate was that we had 500-700 dove on the ground in a plowed under 6 acre volunteer sunflower field at one point

My 8 year old was dove hunting for the first time and we had a limit of birds by 8:00 AM. I literally put my gun away when we had ten birds left to shoot. Truly a hunt of a lifetime, that required a crazy amount of things to line up just right.

Comment

Hoping for the same this weekend

Got a small group of 13 rolling out

Going to be a good time either way

Comment

Seems the birds are bunched up in small areas. Many had the fewest birds ever while not far away others had the most birds ever.

Strange

Comment

Had plenty of birds over in Rising Star

Comment

The best weekend of TX dove hunting that I have ever had was right outside Abilene in Oplin, TX. That was a mid season October weekend and we absolutely hammered them.

Comment

South of Cross Plains was not barrel melting but we had birds in the evening,slow Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                          Where from Abilene are yal
                          around tye

Comment

Outside of Woodson TX was the worst opener I’ve had in 30 years of memory. Certainly nothing but native birds were killed....nothing has moved down yet.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                            X