Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many here started their own company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a metal fab/deer feeder and blind business in 2013.
    I now have branched into retail sale of hunting products also

Comment

We just started one this past spring

Asset Management & Consultant services in the water infrastructure market

Comment

About 16 years ago I bought about $7k worth of lawn equipment and started my own lawn/landscape company, luckily while I still had my job at a bigger lawn/landscape company, because ya know, "I can do this better and cheaper and be my own boss!"

About 3 weeks into it my entire trailer of equipment was stolen, after I had secured several accounts and had a good chance of making it work. The insurance settlement crap took too long and I ended up losing the accounts and just paid the equipment off and stayed at my job for a little while longer. Still wonder exactly what happened to that trailer....

Comment

Antler Art here on TBH. Before was just a little side gig. Slowing things down now that I manage ranches but still doing work here and there.

Comment

sort of.....

I'm an independent insurance adjuster/appraiser/umpire.

Wouldn't trade it for anything else, but no matter what....you always work for someone else.

I've thought seriously about taking the next step and becoming that guy that hires me, but he also still is at the mercy of the next guy or firm or carrier that hires him.

At my age, I don't really need the headache, especially when I consider that I would still be "working for" someone

Comment

I started Sniper Hog Lights back in 2008 and still have it. Have grown every single year.

Comment

I opened a private consulting company that serviced hedge funds and money management
                On outdoor activity, that turned into a ranch contracting services
                Started in 1991 then developed a kidney problem in 2016 and retired, now I am back to 65-75% better and am thinking about going back , but starting over might be for a younger me

Comment

I’ve started two different businesses from scratch both in same industry servicing pharmacy. One was a systems integrator building mail order pharmacy distribution centers The other was a robotic distribution system. Sold them both.

Comment

I have a GPS tracking company. Rhino Fleet Tracking. Been in business since 2007. We are in the process of trying to sell to private equity. cant wait to see what my next adventure is.

Comment

Home Building. Been a nice and tough road traveled.

Comment

Started mine about 4.5 years ago. Own a Fried Chicken & Seafood restaurant and a deer processing facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                          Been in business on our own for over 20 years. Own an Insurance agency and a hair salon. First 10 years we worked for someone else, then we dove in and started our own business. It has worked out well enough for us.
                          Those are fun.

Comment

In my 31st year in the auto parts biz.

Thinking about retiring..................

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              sort of.....

I'm an independent insurance adjuster/appraiser/umpire.

Wouldn't trade it for anything else, but no matter what....you always work for someone else.

I've thought seriously about taking the next step and becoming that guy that hires me, but he also still is at the mercy of the next guy or firm or carrier that hires him.

At my age, I don't really need the headache, especially when I consider that I would still be "working for" someone
                              Rod hit it, even when we are self employed, our customers are who we work for but it's a better than having a boss.

Wife and I both have our own insurance agencies, we have a separate company that owns and buys commercial real estate (that portfolio isn't huge yet, probably worth $550k in assets), we own another company that invest in single and small multifamily as rentals. We've grown that company like crazy over the last 7 years. Went from $0 in property to about $2M owned. It's leveraged and we don't take money out yet, but someday it'll feed my dreams.

Comment

Home based 01 FFL / 03 SOT business I started about 5 years ago as a side gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X