Gift for our son turning 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift for our son turning 13

Need some help on birthday gift recommendations from you guys/ladies. Our son turns 13 and looking at what we can get him. Loves to hunt and fish. Let’s hear your ideas!!! Hard to buy when they have almost everything related to hunting and fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirt bike

Comment

Buy him a custom knife. One of a kind. He may not appreciate fine craftsmanship now but one day he will.

Comment

Hunting or fishing trip

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If he doesn't already have it, get him a lifetime hunting/fishing license... That's a gift that he will always remember and use AND it will save him untold thousands of dollars over his lifetime!

Comment

Lifetime hunting license, or fishing, or both but that gets pricey. He may not appreciate it now but he will later on.

Comment

That is about the age I was when my dad got me my Benelli 12 gauge to graduate me up from the 20 gauge. I'm 30 now and I took that gun teal hunting yesterday. Or something he wont appreciate now, but will when he is older is lifetime hunting/fishing license!

Comment

A nice shotgun that he can keep.

Comment

Bought my son a Buckmark .22 pistol when he turned 13

Comment

Do you have a price range you are wanting to stay in? I agree that the lifetime license is a great idea (I wish my dad did it for me) but he probably won't appreciate it until he is older. A few other ideas are below:

High price limit:
                    Nice shotgun/rifle
                    A hunting trip for a bucket list animal

Medium price limit:
                    Custom knife
                    Quality binoculars
                    Rangefinder
                    Quality rod/reel combo
                    Taxidermy for animal/fish

Low price limit:
                    Hemingway books
                    TK & Mike DVD collection
                    Make him a set of rattling horns with leather wraps
                    Quality production knife

Comment

Lifetime combo license. I wished I would have done it for mine when they were that age.

Comment

Start him a roth retirement account. Let him continue to contribute to it. When he's ready to retire, he will be a very wealthy man! Also a nice custom knife to go with it. Both gifts will last a lifetime!

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of good ideas. Lifetime license and his first bank account!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                            Buy him a custom knife. One of a kind. He may not appreciate fine craftsmanship now but one day he will.
                            That's what I did for my boys. Get with one of the knife makers (Jank was awsome) and customize the knife and sheath a bit. My boys are late 20's now and still love whipping their custom knives out when skinning time comes. If you want to spend the money, a lifetime hunting license is also pretty awesome. Especially if they take jobs out of state when they are older.

Comment

Good ideas, keep them coming.

This bucket list animal will be his gift for graduation from high school for sure. Not sure about one right now.

Since lots of you guys talking about lifetime license, we do a lot of hunting in Oklahoma since that is where I am from. The out of state lifetime will need some saving up.

He has a lot of guns passed down from my dad to him (new one never hearts). He has a savings account but that’s it right now.

He has a kayak and lots of fishing stuff. I have never regretted buying him anything hunting or fishing related. Problem is seem to be running out of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X