Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brush_buster View Post
    At 70 I finally got my first bow kill. Our lease is on the old Whitehead Ranch between Menard and Eden. Buck was 10 point with a very heavy body and 17” inch spread. Check out the length of his brow tines.

Congrats on the buck, sounds like a Beauty.

I'm on the whitehead pasture as well, but haven't seen any bucks like you described on camera.

I'm guessing someone nudged you to take the pic down as I'm seeing some sort of Thanksgiving picture in its place.

Comment

My brother is up there now.
      We don't get many pigs on our property (never before 3 years ago), but man this guy is a bruiser.
      Trail cam pic, must be over 200#.
      Attached Files

Comment

Saw this buck last night chasing a doe. Never slowed down long enough for an ethical shot so I held off. He showed up right at daybreak this morning, again chasing the girls. This time he made a critical error by stopping perfectly broadside at about 60 yards. The 41 magnum did the rest! 210 grain Speer Deepcurl over H110 provided a complete pass through and short blood trail. Well worth burning a day of vacation today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
          Saw this buck last night chasing a doe. Never slowed down long enough for an ethical shot so I held off. He showed up right at daybreak this morning, again chasing the girls. This time he made a critical error by stopping perfectly broadside at about 60 yards. The 41 magnum did the rest! 210 grain Speer Deepcurl over H110 provided a complete pass through and short blood trail. Well worth burning a day of vacation today.

Awesome buck!

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dad and his buddy are out at the ranch this weekend and dad ended up taking this buck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a great deer & wow what a shot!

Comment

Just got back from hunting 2 days NW of Menard. Bucks definitely starting to chase does. I would think prime weekends will be next two.
                  Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-21-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I’m here for the next 4-5 days. Lots of deer at the feeder and bucks started to push some does. I parked my Can Am and had a nice 8 point with a doe about 15 yards away and he paid me no attention.

Comment

My son’s first long range shot and the first time he has hunted by himself.
                      Very proud of him.
                      Age looked to be about 5 years and shot off of Callan Lane.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice buck! Congrats to your son.

Comment

Seeing 10-12 deer per sit. A little chasing but they don’t seem to be going yet. We have a couple new bucks on camera so they are moving some. I’m spending my morning and evenings on the feeders and rattling mid mornings until the clouds burn off with mixed results. I rattled up a beautiful 10 this morning but I’m letting him walk.

I’m chasing a big 7 (stupid pincher point) but he hasn’t been here in a week so he’s probably gone or shot by a neighbor. It’s super windy this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Seeing 10-12 deer per sit. A little chasing but they don’t seem to be going yet. We have a couple new bucks on camera so they are moving some. I’m spending my morning and evenings on the feeders and rattling mid mornings until the clouds burn off with mixed results. I rattled up a beautiful 10 this morning but I’m letting him walk.

I’m chasing a big 7 (stupid pincher point) but he hasn’t been here in a week so he’s probably gone or shot by a neighbor. It’s super windy this evening.

Good luck Heath, I will be up on Dec 4-6 between Menard and Fort McKavett hoping to catch some slipping up.

Comment

Just curious, most of the big bucks I have seen in our area have always had the front tines curving in like a crown.
                              My buddies in South Texas either come straight out or angle outwards.
                              Genetics for the area?

Comment

Menard 2020-2021 Season

Shot weekend before last by other member of my lease. I’m told they were starting to chase then so hopefully this front on Friday fires them up!

Comment

Working...
                                X