No announcement yet.

Mary’s in Strawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people just don’t like pan fried breaded steak. Some people prefer deep fried cfs. And some people don’t even know what they’re eating.
    I like it both ways.

Comment

So overrated. Ive tried it twice and was not impressed. Service was poor too.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ40 View Post
        I might try it again one day but I'd have a hard time convincing my brother and buddy. It gets brought up every time we pass the billboard on 20. It was really that bad of an experience. We sat there 15-20 minutes before anyone took our drink order. Food was extremely late and steak was badly burnt.
        Pretty much the same experience we had!

We go to Smokestack for chicken fried. Plus, it’s closer to us.

Comment

George's food was good last time I was there. The beer was awesome!

Comment

I hunted West Texas for quite some time. Never stopped cause usually had back of truck loaded. And I felt bad for that as I really should've slowed down and enjoyed the drive.

We did stop once coming back from Tech. Maybe due to the hype, I was a bit let down. Wasn't bad, just not the best. Due to the hype, I'm thinking I was expecting outstanding.

Comment

Its 5 miles from the family land. NOT that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
                They also make a killer hamburger. I went the first time 1979 when it was Flossy's across the street from Mary's. Was thinking about stopping by tomorrow on the way to Ft. Davis.
                My first time was at Flossy’s in ‘79 also. Much better than the Ranger Allsups taco rolls, DQ all you can eat pinto beans and cornbread, and the food at the RJC cafeteria/student union.

Comment

Maglite will be along shortly to bash Mary's. Oh, wait! No he won't!

Comment

Highly overrated in my opinion. You're better off just stopping at Allsups and getting a gut grenade.

Comment

I always shake my head when people talk about how long it took for a waitress to take their drink order/order after seated/get their food...When it's crowded af!
                      Make a drink,and take it with you.Relax,and let the Mary's game,come to you..If you can't handle Mary's,don't ever go to the Loco Coyote..Another place I really like.If you're in a hurry,go somewhere else😃

Comment

My last visit which wasn't to long ago was pretty bad. Maybe the cook was having a bad day or hung over. Not driving that far again for a bad meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                          I always shake my head when people talk about how long it took for a waitress to take their drink order/order after seated/get their food...When it's crowded af!
                          Make a drink,and take it with you.Relax,and let the Mary's game,come to you..If you can't handle Mary's,don't ever go to the Loco Coyote..Another place I really like.If you're in a hurry,go somewhere else😃
                          This!!, I've also learned that when a person posts about a restaurant they like, someone will come along and crap on their dreams. People just can't let someone be happy lol.

Dave

Comment

Way overrated!!!!

Comment

Anytime Mary's is brought up you get the slicks coming out if the woodwork to bash it and talk about how terrible it is. If it was so bad it would not be PACKED every night.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                                This!!, I've also learned that when a person posts about a restaurant they like, someone will come along and crap on their dreams. People just can't let someone be happy lol.

Dave

Yup..... some folks wear it as a badge of honor... like they have the only taste buds in the world and everybody should curb their taste to theirs..[emoji23][emoji23]. And they want to be the only one that had eaten the best of something and be different so they give you their off the wall favorite.

“Oh you think that’s good? You should try yada yada yada... I know what’s best you don’t . [emoji1787] “

Comment

Working...
                                X