No announcement yet.

The Remainder of the Season LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well good luck with the brake line AND huntin'!!

I'll have my 2 grandsons (1 just turned 8 and the other about to turn 10) with me at the ranch next week! Somethin's gonna die!! Gotta pass it on you know!

Comment

Here’s the other buck that was shot yesterday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, you couldn't wipe that smile off that kid's face with a rock!! What a cool pic and great buck!! Few things like that I guess would make all the trouble worth while!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Man, you couldn't wipe that smile off that kid's face with a rock!! What a cool pic and great buck!! Few things like that I guess would make all the trouble worth while!!
          You betcha! He’s an awesome kid too!

Comment

Keep it coming Steve, I'm enjoying tagging along. I'm tagged out so this is one of the ways I can scratch the itch lol. I reckon I could go shoot some stankin pineywood rooters but they ain't deer.

Comment

And I thought Gallery furniture offering to mow your grass was full service. Way to go above and beyond for the client. Should pay dividends.

Comment

Magic corn getting, babysitting, mechanic, parts delivery man, deer skinning guide service. Dang, brutha! If they don't tip well, they need to be kicked in the taint!

Comment

Still sorting out the brake line issue. This particular truck has a 6” lift and we’ve been from Elk City, OK to Amarillo. No one has the extended piece but fortunately in my past life I was a pretty fair oilfield hand and can roughneck rig just about anything. We got Whit dropped off but he’ll be the only one hunting this afternoon. It’s 86° here so I ain’t mad at missing a hunt. Operation fix the brakes continues.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                    Still sorting out the brake line issue. This particular truck has a 6” lift and we’ve been from Elk City, OK to Amarillo. No one has the extended piece but fortunately in my past life I was a pretty fair oilfield hand and can roughneck rig just about anything. We got Whit dropped off but he’ll be the only one hunting this afternoon. It’s 86° here so I ain’t mad at missing a hunt. Operation fix the brakes continues.

That weather is going to flip in the morning. Probably going to end up taking the OKC route to Wood and come through Elk City on the way home. I’ll keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      That weather is going to flip in the morning. Probably going to end up taking the OKC route to Wood and come through Elk City on the way home. I’ll keep you posted.

Elk City is less than an hour bro. You need to come meet me in Shamrock for wings and a beer. I’ll even tune up my guitar.

We’re 1 fitting away from “fixing” the brakes... Problem with that is the fitting is 100mi west of here i Amarillo. Dropping these guys off in the morning and headed to get it and come play mechanic again. We had a good evening. They cooked burgers and I played guitar by the fire. While I was playing a bobcat slipped up to the gut pile in camp and got a .22 Mag in the gizzards. We followed blood for 50yds into Capstick’s long grass and called calf rope. I’ll find him tomorrow when we get back from Amarillo.

Comment

Headed to Amarillo

Comment

Good luck hunting that fitting!

Comment

A 200 mile round trip to get a fitting for your customers brake line.....that's customer service at it's finest right there! I can't get my daughter to make a 20 foot round trip from the kitchen table to the trash can to throw her trash away.

Comment

Caught up!
                              You’re wearing me out just by reading about all your obstacles. Lol
                              Good luck amigo!

Comment

Got the brakes “fixed” and bled off, picked hunters up, nothing shot this morning (thank God!), they’re headed back to check out of the motel and will be back in an hour to load up and roll out. I slipped back behind camp and found the camp panther that was shot last night. The new group checked in at 9:07 and said they’d just left Ft. Worth so this group and them will probably pass each other on the county road.

Bout to power down for about an hour and it’ll be BTTW for the rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X