Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
    That's crazy. I run rice bran threw my protein feeder and they go thru it with 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have no idea why...I’ve got hundreds of photos of deer just strolling around it but not one of them touched it. I did empty it out and mixed up some corn and bran to see if I could get them kickstarted but guess I’ll just have to wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ended up having a extra bag last time I filled it so I dumped the whole thing on the ground and it was gone in a week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was 52 here Saturday morning and nice since then. I had .4" of rain yesterday morning and just a light shower this morning. Just enough to keep the ground wet and grass growing.
        Acorns are falling but not a bumper crop.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
          The axis will really eat on the berry flavored blocks at Compton's. Other blocks not so much.
          Adios,
          Gary
          Tried them, still no luck.
          I must have an upper class of Axis. They only come to my water and sometimes wheat field.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
            I must have an upper class of Axis. They only come to my water and sometimes wheat field.
            What part of the county? We have luck with alfalfa bales or sweet feed

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
              You mean uppity class.

I'm on the same lease and we are in the extreme NE corner of the county. Our axis herd are roamers and confined mostly to the west side of the property. We have also been hog free until last year. So far we have tried alfalfa, chaffhaye, protein, rice bran, B&B, and 3 different deer blocks. Our pond used to be a big draw but not so much now that the trees have been cleared from around it.

Comment

Was 38 degrees on the bank this morning and 36 along the river west of town. This is the first time I recall seeing temperatures in the 30's in Menard County in September. No frost but a lot of steam in the air over the river.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the update Gary, looking forward to the bow opener this weekend.

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna have the lease to myself this weekend. ill be going up Friday after work and hunting the weekend so if i put out an SOS, one of yall better come get me lol

Comment

45 here in Hext. Sure was nice. Wheat loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                        Wow! Thanks for the update Gary, looking forward to the bow opener this weekend.

You ready Donny?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post
                          You ready Donny?

Yes sir. Good luck to you this weekend Tony.

Comment

We are headed down Thursday night. Best of luck to everyone in menard. Post up any deer y’all stick!

Comment

40 degrees this morning, calm and clear.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Nice again this morning...45 degrees, clear and no wind.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X