Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike looks like your going to have a awesome year good luck . I’m jealous. Any openings in the area that anybody knows of ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      Man i love the Big Sky Country out in the Big Middle of North Texas. Great looking spot.

Give us some details on that red tractor. Looks like it's had a couple of laps around the pasture.
      The tractor is a 1951 Mc Cormick M4 farm all. He has fixed it up and it works great. He loves plowing food plots and mowing our roads with it. He says its therapy away from drilling business these days.

Comment

Moved a feeder two Saturdays ago... still not a single animal on camera yet. Not even a cow walking by.

I only moved it about 200-300 yards from my previous stand. I hope I didn’t mess up. How many days would go by until you were concerned?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
          Moved a feeder two Saturdays ago... still not a single animal on camera yet. Not even a cow walking by.

I only moved it about 200-300 yards from my previous stand. I hope I didn’t mess up. How many days would go by until you were concerned?

We hardly ever had bucks much less good bucks on cameras when we had them out. They are in da shade some where with plenty of grass to eat right now close by.
          I wouldnt be overly concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            The tractor is a 1951 Mc Cormick M4 farm all. He has fixed it up and it works great. He loves plowing food plots and mowing our roads with it. He says its therapy away from drilling business these days.
            1951, sweet. I can relate to the "therapy" thought. Getting out in the clear air, doing something you want to do, even if it kills you, is it's own kind of special. Good times.

Comment

We hardly ever had bucks much less good bucks on cameras when we had them out. They are in da shade some where with plenty of grass to eat right now close by.
              I wouldnt be overly concerned.
              This. They'll find it when they get hungry.

Comment

Myself and my lease mate made a day trip today to fill protein feeders, pull camera cards, etc. There was some rain in Wilbarger County this week.Things have greened back up quickly. It looks like there may have been a small tornado or microburst between Lockett and Crowell. There is a travel trailer park that had several travel trailers that have been rolled over and demolished. A couple of barns blown down and other damage. Seemed to have been in a relatively small area, but significant damage in that area. Luckily we didn't have any damage in the deer pasture. Deer are looking really good. Saw two groups of pigs in one pasture. Doves are flying. Anxious for Sept. 1 and beyond to get here.

Comment

Never seen this country look better in August. Pigs are a large problem right now, but me and ol Snoop scratched out 5 or 6.

We got into the bass too, but I didnt have my phone when they got bigger.

I planned on getting a bunch of work done, but didn’t do hardly any of it. We’ll knock that out later when the fish aren’t biting.

Comment

Nice job. The dang work can wait.

Comment

Headed out this coming weekend for just a few bus items, brushing in a quad-pod, and card swaps. Two of my lease-mates went this last weekend, and deer are fat/horns look real good! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        1951, sweet. I can relate to the "therapy" thought. Getting out in the clear air, doing something you want to do, even if it kills you, is it's own kind of special. Good times.
                        We decided to go with two tactacam cell cameras. I just put them out Sunday evening.

Caught the old man and old red in therapy bustin some sod. That plot is about 80 yards a round.

Last night had our first two bucks on camera.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good brother! Anxious to get out there this weekend myself! Like I said earlier, the guys that went up this past weekend had lots of pics of some really good bucks, so I’m hoping to have some myself. It’s been a month since the pics I posted of those last bucks, kinda anxious to see the growth. I know the bucks they had on camera have put on a lot in the last month. Good Huntin, and God Bless , Rusty

Comment

We decided to go with two tactacam cell cameras. I just put them out Sunday evening.

Caught the old man and old red in therapy bustin some sod. That plot is about 80 yards a round.

Last night had our first two bucks on camera.
                            I've been looking at these cameras. The pics look good and I.ve seen some good reviews on them also.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                              I've been looking at these cameras. The pics look good and I.ve seen some good reviews on them also.
                              Well two days in and they are doing what they should.
                              The picture above is mounted about 5 yards outside the pen. It might be to far out?
                              This picture is mounted to the inside of the pen. It is to close for me. We will have to adjust them I rekon!

I built 7 ft tall towers out of scrape 4x4 post and lumber to keep the cows from chewing on them.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I’ll join the thread, I hunt in Clay and Wichita County and two years in a row of good rain during growing season has helped us a lot. Got some good ones on camera so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X