No announcement yet.

Limb Rats....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. Camping/squirrel hunting next weekend. GF has never been exposed but her and the dog are excited. Taking all the fixin's for dinner so hope i'm not counting my chickens...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      Yup. Camping/squirrel hunting next weekend. GF has never been exposed but her and the dog are excited. Taking all the fixin's for dinner so hope i'm not counting my chickens...
      I took my wife squirrel hunting on our first date.

Comment

I looked forward to opening morning of squirrel season way more than deer season growing up! I left the fox squirrels alone. Too hard to skin and tough. Give me a vest full of cat squirrels! I made dumplins out of the legs and fried up the backs. Fried cat squirrel back is hard to beat. I never got into cracking the skulls and eating the brains but my friends family would fight over em! Always like hearing the boom, and seeing limbs and leaves fly everywhere and seeing a tree rat cartwheel outta that mess!

Comment

This thread gives me a stiff neck. Put me in the killed, cleaned and cooked group.

Comment

Grandpa would get mad if we shot em in the head with our 22's. They would put them in the gumbo, and to them eating the brain was a delicacy. Cleaned and ate many squirrels.

Comment

They getting ready!!![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

If it weren’t so dry in my neck of the woods I would be out there in the near future.

Comment

I'm gonna have to collect me a sa ck full for the freezer this fall. Been a good while since I fried some up.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I'm going to have to look up a good traditional Squirrel dumpling recipe. I have never had them that way.

Comment

I'm an avid squirrel killer. Deer hunts often go astray when the squirrels get to moving. I've been known to climb down from a tree just to chase them around!

Click image for larger version

Name:	old_school.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	24693059

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1745.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	24693060

Comment

We used to get out of school on opening day

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Still have a squirrel camp with some buddies every year and we fry them up for dinner.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer the nickname "lawn grizzly" to "limb rat", but either way they do taste good!

Comment

I cooked squirrel and gravy a couple of weeks ago. It was great. I still love to chase squirrels.

Comment

I'm undecided on what I want to do this weekend.....chase limb rats down the river or take the bow and climber. Might do both.

Comment

Working...
                                X