Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hurricane season 2022

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    Do we have a front coming down to push it to the East?

Supposed to be. Time will tell how far south it plunges. If it stalls out around north or Central TX, the storm could skip across into mexico but as of now, its predicted to steer the storm NE somewhere between Louisiana snd Florida. At least thats how i’m seeing it. That frontal boundary and where that High pressure dome moves will be key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

GFS this morning as of 6am is no bueno. Shows forecast track pushing further west. Even with the few storms this year, I have not seen a whole lot of accuracy from this model. So take it with a grain of salt, but keep an eye on it.

Comment

I'm gonna ignore this post ^ in hopes that it is way wrong!

Comment

Son of a gun, I thought we were done for the year.

Comment

This particular run has it doing some
            strange dogleg turn west around the 30th and I have no clue as to why. It’s still a LONG way out so it will likely continue changing each day.

Comment

Well heck that last run is not nice.

Comment

10 days out, after an entire summer of being wrong, I am confident the latest GFS run is not accurate.

Comment

east or west I have a concern. Kiddo is in florida. Momma watching it like a hawk already

Comment

NWS Corpus Christi, TX ,
                    The tropical wave in the southeastern Caribbean Sea is expected to
                    move to the west-northwest over the next couple of days. The
                    ensemble spreads of the track of invest 98L from the ECMWF/GEFS/CAN
                    by Wednesday extends from the Yucatan peninsula to the northern
                    Bahamas. Until this system develops into an organized tropical
                    depression, the ensemble spreads will remain large in the days 6-7
                    time frame. Will have to wait and see if the track of invest 98L
                    will provide any impacts from higher swells next week.

Comment

Even the SCW guys think it will turn north much sooner. However they too have had a rough summer of predictions, so take it with a grain of salt

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        10 days out, after an entire summer of being wrong, I am confident the latest GFS run is not accurate.

A lot of ensemble members keep it east. All the chatter I’ve read isn’t buying western LA as a likely solution at all.

Comment

Following

Comment

Puff Puff - pass pass...

Watching...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                              A lot of ensemble members keep it east. All the chatter I’ve read isn’t buying western LA as a likely solution at all.

I agree with this. When I posted this mornings model run, I didn’t understand what it was seeing little more than a week out. Given how its been horribly inaccurate all summer, I know it will shift around alot over the next 5-6 days.

Comment

What's the space city weather boys saying??????

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X