No announcement yet.

Good low cost pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like someone else said, the Glock 48 or Smith & Wesson Shield are reliable pistols. Academy is running a sale on the Smith & Wesson Shield Plus with the thumb safety for $399, and they come with 10 round and 13 round magazines.

Comment

So she’s a good shot but you think she can’t hit a snake with a shotshell ?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Where are the $300 48s at?
        That’s what I want to know lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          So she’s a good shot but you think she can’t hit a snake with a shotshell ?
          She won't get close enough. I've shot snakes with CCI shot shells and .410 out of a pistol and you have to be pretty close to do any good. I'm not scared of snakes so I literally put the barrel two feet from ones head at one point and it still didn't blow the head off of it. Bullets are better for just about everything if you're using a pistol.

At 15 feet you might hit a snake with shotshells out of a pistol. But it won't be enough to splatter them.
          Last edited by okrattler; 08-28-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            You can also put optics on the pmr-30. Mine can been picky with ammo . Can’t remember what brand it didn’t like . It’s a dang accurate pistol .
            I've shot two different ones and really liked them. But like any .22mag pistol they are loud. One wouldn't think so when they hear .22mag or see the bullets but they really are a special kind of loud. Out of a pistol I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Hi point?
              My experience with Hi-Point firearms is pretty limited. But from what I do have they're reasonably priced for what you get. Not very pretty by no means but I never had a malfunction in the pistol I shot or the carbine my brother had. But given their reputation I don't feel comfortable with my mom relying on one. If it was for me I'd be willing to try one out.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Spend $300 and get an M&P Shield or a Glock 48…last thing you want is to need it to go bang and it doesn’t…

Where’s them $300. Glock 48s at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                  Like someone else said, the Glock 48 or Smith & Wesson Shield are reliable pistols. Academy is running a sale on the Smith & Wesson Shield Plus with the thumb safety for $399, and they come with 10 round and 13 round magazines.
                  https://www.academy.com/p/smith-and-...pistol?sku=9mm
                  I'll pass the word on to her and see what she thinks. That's one I don't have or have access to so she can try it out before she buys it. I'd like to see what she can do with different pistols without my assistance. Meaning loading the gun,racking the slide and everything.

Comment

Good low cost pistol.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    This. 100000x this. It blows my mind that folks rely on junk to protect them lol.

No ****! Surely your life is at least worth the $4-500 a decent pistol would cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      She won't get close enough. I've shot snakes with CCI shot shells and .410 out of a pistol and you have to be pretty close to do any good. I'm not scared of snakes so I literally put the barrel two feet from ones head at one point and it still didn't blow the head off of it. Bullets are better for just about everything if you're using a pistol.

At 15 feet you might hit a snake with shotshells out of a pistol. But it won't be enough to splatter them.
                      I kill copperheads at 9-12' with 22shot shells.

Comment

I've got a Ruger Security 9. Goes bang every time, hits where I point it. I absolutely hate the way glocks feel, the ruger is the same size as a G19 and feels great to me, subjective as that is. Think I paid $350 for it. Girlfriend has the shield and its alright too.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          I suggested a Kel-Tec PMR30.

These are very loud and might be to unpleasant/uncomfortable for her. An older gentleman I work with bought one on a recommendation from his son. Took it to the range once and found it to be too much even with good ear pro. He's pretty adamant that he has permanent hearing loss now so the pistol is locked away and probably won't see daylight again until his son inherits it.

Comment

You don’t have to spend $500 to get a decent pistol. Don’t condemn what you don’t know. I own Glocks, S&Ws, Rugers, Taurus, Colts, and Browning. If they aren’t good, I don’t keep them. I’d put my Taurus GX4 up against any other carry pistol I own. Many rounds with no failures !

Comment

Check out the PSA Dagger!

Comment

I feel like the smaller and lighter (easier to carry) the more likely you are to have it on you...the new ruger max .380 is like 11oz’s..kel tec p32 is like 7 oz’s

Comment

Working...
                                X