No announcement yet.

Good low cost pistol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have shot the heck out of a Taurus G2 compact and no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by KY2TX View Post
      Taurus G2c/ good price and fits hand good without changing or adding to grip
      I almost forgot about this one. Or did forget actually. A buddy of mine has one and it shot very well. I busted a feral cat with it at about 25 yards the day he got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
        How does she plan on carrying it, owb, iwb, pocket, fanny pack? Is she going to have ear protection on her person too before blasting that snake?
        Most likely a holster. What kind I don't know for sure. She may carry around ear plugs but honestly I doubt it. But I've been around her when she sees a snake unexpectedly. Ain't nobody gonna be able to hear anything after the initial encounter over the sound of her screaming and cussin. By the time she gets back from running the snake may be gone anyway.

Comment

Spend $300 and get an M&P Shield or a Glock 48…last thing you want is to need it to go bang and it doesn’t…

Comment

Taurus GX4, less than $300 and mine shoots everything I’ve tried in it. I have a red dot on mine but you can buy them with a normal slide. If you want the milled slide then get the GX4 TORO. More money but worth it if your eyes ain’t right, and mine ain’t !

Comment

The PMR30 would be a good choice but would look at a Ruger LCP2 Max. Great little pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Spend $300 and get an M&P Shield or a Glock 48…last thing you want is to need it to go bang and it doesn’t…
                This. 100000x this. It blows my mind that folks rely on junk to protect them lol.

Comment

Where are the $300 48s at?

Comment

I agree that Glock makes a good pistol. No doubt about it. For me it would be fine but the thing I don't like about turning her loose with one is it doesn't have a safety except for the trigger. I'd rather she has one that she has to think a little about using. If she sees a rattlesnake she's gonna be stressed out. I don't want her to unholster the thing and just start shooting up the countryside without having to slow down and think a little before squeezing the trigger. Or risk her trying to holster it and shooting herself in the leg or the foot. With a safety she's gonna have that to think about instead of thinking about how scared she is. She's gonna have to chill out and think about what she's doing.

Comment

Get her a Taurus .410 Judge, it will kill snakes and all other kinds of chit.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Get her a Taurus .410 Judge, it will kill snakes and all other kinds of chit.
                        This!

Comment

If her hearing ain't bad yet- after a few rounds with a judge and no hearing protection- it will be soon enough.
                          I own and carry one from time to time (have killed rattle bugs and even a doe with it) , but dang that sucker is loud.
                          Last edited by DaveC; 08-28-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

My buddy had a Judge with a ported barrel. That would be fine but I don't know that she could get close enough to be very effective with the shotgun shells. She'd have a snake good and mad but probably unscathed. She'd do ok with the .45lc.

I've seen her shoot so I know she'll be able to hit whatever she's shooting at. If she'd pack that rifle around she wouldn't have any problems. I didn't even know my Mom could shoot until my brother and I were out shootin the .22 rifle one day. She wanted to shoot so we handed her the gun and she asked me what I wanted her to hit. I said "That bird out there." There was one that landed roughly 100 yards away. She put her cigarette in her mouth and took aim. That bird ducked right as she squeezed the trigger and the bullet hit right over it. I said "you got close." She said "Yeah I was trying to shoot it in the head." My brother and I looked at each other in disbelief and she went back to the house. I'll never forget that. She almost knocked that birds head off on purpose with open sights.

If she'd have tried shooting it in the body there wouldn't have been "close" to it. She would have dusted that thing.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 08-28-2022, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Good low cost pistol.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Very good suggestions. I've shot a Smith and Wesson Shield,Glock and SCCY 9mm. Also the Kel-Tec PMR30.

The only thing I don't like on the first 3 mentioned is the sights. At least not for the shooting she'll be doing. My concern is they're too "blocky" and it may be hard to hit a smaller target at 15 feet or somewhere there abouts. She's fortunate enough that she'll get to test fire a few different pistols to see what she likes best and I'll be watching to see what she's more proficient with.

If she happens to like one and it's comfortable to shoot but has difficulty hitting her target I'll set her up with an optic on it.

What drew me to the Kel-Tec PMR30 is that she can put a light on it. Paired with the fiber optic sights I think it would be a good combo if she has to shoot at night. Also the amount of bullets it holds and low recoil. The drawback is that rimfire ammo can be somewhat unreliable.

You can also put optics on the pmr-30. Mine can been picky with ammo . Can’t remember what brand it didn’t like . It’s a dang accurate pistol .

Comment

Originally posted by KY2TX View Post
                                Taurus G2c/ good price and fits hand good without changing or adding to grip
                                This or the GX4....I have 2 G2cs,1 G3c and a GX4

Comment

Working...
                                X