No announcement yet.

So you think it is hot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing up our trucks had no a/c just a vent to open by your feet that was blast furnace hot , and terrible weather forecast
    Farm house had no ac , only a ceiling fan and box fan with a wet towel laying on your face
    Thought I was freezing to death at night in the dorm my freshman year @ university
    Now days wife complain if it’s + 73 in the house

Comment

I grew up in San Antonio without air conditioning. All we had was box fans in the windows. I guess it made me tolerate the heat better than most. It feels good to my joints. I get out in it everyday to work in my garden, do chores and work around my place. Heck, I didn’t even use the ac in my pickups until I got up around 45 years old. Just didn’t see a need for it. I’m not as tolerant as I was when I was younger. I drink more water and take more breaks but I can still work in it.
      Last edited by Geezy Rider; 07-09-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Grew up in Taylor . Might be the summer your talking about.. around 97 or 98. Worked as a cotton scout… those fields were hot !!!

Comment

Local news said it got up to 106 in Bryan.
          But that didn’t break the record.
          Got up to 107 back in 1917.
          Record for tomorrow is 109, also set back in 1917.
          Dang ole climate change!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Spent my entire childhood on bmx bikes all summer long & We did 3-a-days in this heat back in HS & it didn't bother me...it's the age thing making it feel hotter & hotter every year.

Man, air conditioning is the best invention ever.

So what you’re saying is, it’s not that hot, I’m just old. Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              10-15 degrees above average
              Just sayin’

Average of what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was just think-n yesterday about when I was in grade school. And didn't have A/C. We had one box fan in the living room. At night, I just laid next to an open window. No fans or A/C till we moved to Arlington in 1969 when I was 12.

Comment

Hot is hot no matter how you look at it. If it's over 90 degrees working outside sucks. When I was roofing houses there were a few days I can remember that we were putting on tin roofs instead of shingles and the metal was so hot you couldn't pick it up with gloves on. I hate hot weather. Ain't nothin good about it unless you're sitting in the shade with a cold drink in your hand and backups in the cooler.

In the words of Jase Robertson, "What do you think they did back in the 1600's?......They died!"

Same heat it's always been. No sense being out in it if you ain't got to be.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 07-10-2022, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                    I personally enjoy this heat, outside in it all the time, no biggie.
                    God ****....My Man!

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      Average of what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Abilene news weather ( closest TV) gives the temperatures and the average high and low temps for the day.
                      Average June temps tend to be low 90’s. Today high average is 95. Forecast 104.

Accuweather’s Forecast is 106 here in Blanket today. 108 tomorrow. Accuweather’s high average for this day is 95 also.

KTXS ABC Abilene and KTXE ABC San Angelo offer local and national news reporting, sports, and weather forecasts to viewers in central Texas, including Sweetwater, Winters, Ballinger, Cisco, Colorado City, Big Spring, and Grape Creek, Texas.

Scroll to latest forecast and number of days 100 or more. 43 so far this year.
                      Last edited by Big pig; 07-10-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Anyone remember freezing for 10 days straight?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          I wa 11 before we ever got an air-conditioned. Window unit in the den.
                          Dang! I was wondering who that strange kid was in our home. All we had was an attic fan for years then finally got a window rattler for the living room. Back then the only thing between us and an axe murderer was a screen during the summer. I couldn’t even imagine sleeping like that now with crime the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Anyone remember freezing for 10 days straight?
                            I remember that more than any ol heat wave

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Dang! I was wondering who that strange kid was in our home. All we had was an attic fan for years then finally got a window rattler for the living room. Back then the only thing between us and an axe murderer was a screen during the summer. I couldn’t even imagine sleeping like that now with crime the way it is.
                              Yup. Window unit in parents bed room. Guess I was 10. Many mornings waking to sweaty sheets...
                              Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 07-10-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Heat

Summer of 1980 was the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X