So you think it is hot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you think it is hot??

Lived in Central Texas for almost 70 years - remember when our thermostat outside hit 112 around 20 years ago - this is nothing new - as a kid in Taylor in the 1960's I remember frying an egg on our sidewalk - everybody stay safe but this is NOTHING NEW

Just remember it's hotter in the middle east where some of our military is. My first time over there hit 125 in the shade.

Comment

I wa 11 before we ever got an air-conditioned. Window unit in the den.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        I wa 11 before we ever got an air-conditioned. Window unit in the den.
        Yeah we used
        "swamp coolers" - fan running over water dripping into a unit - better than nothing but the best we could do

Comment

Nothing new.....but it's still freaking hot!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
            Yeah we used
            "swamp coolers" - fan running over water dripping into a unit - better than nothing but the best we could do
            My grandmother passed away in 1998. All she ever had

Regardless of what it’s been before…. It’s still deadly hot out there be careful and know your limits!!!… and check on the elderly!!!

Comment

10-15 degrees above average
              Just sayin’

Comment

My Grandmother, born in 1881, never had anything but a fan during the summer. She would use the old brown bottles with a cork shower head to sprinkle her bed and then wet her gown and go to bed with a fan blowing on her! She was a tough woman.

Comment

I played golf on Ft. Hood around 1995 in February and it was 99.
                  Climate changes daily. unfortunately in central Texas that dang high pressure seems to settle in and kicks Our butts every summer

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    My Grandmother, born in 1881, never had anything but a fan during the summer. She would use the old brown bottles with a cork shower head to sprinkle her bed and then wet her gown and go to bed with a fan blowing on her! She was a tough woman.
                    Sometimes we forget that it could be much worse

Comment

This stuff happen about each 10 years or so. Look back at the temp's 1980 - 2000 - and 2011 it will pass soon.

Comment

So many folks say “I can’t remember it ever being this hot”.
                        My FIL told me that today and he is in his upper 60’s.
                        He was a very hard worker and continues to when his health allows. When he was young, your bodies tolerate the heat alot more and back then, we didn’t have cell phones with constant data telling us the temp or thermostats in the truck. We just knew it was hot and we went about our day.

I started looking at records for the Huntsville area where we live. Most of the heat related records are from 1907 and 1949 with consecutive heat days over 80 and 90 degrees. The consecutive days over 100 were in 1980 at just 27 days. 2011 didn’t even make the record list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent my entire childhood on bmx bikes all summer long & We did 3-a-days in this heat back in HS & it didn't bother me...it's the age thing making it feel hotter & hotter every year.

Man, air conditioning is the best invention ever.

Comment

Toledo Bend today . .

Comment

I personally enjoy this heat, outside in it all the time, no biggie.

Comment

Working...
                              X