Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    They are looking as good or better than any other team in the bigs. I have a hard time seeing why they are not the odds on favorite to win it all right now. Pitching is off the charts and have enough depth on offense that we can win even if only half of our team is hitting.
    Because the Yankees are on a 116 win pace right now, which is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Because the Yankees are on a 116 win pace right now, which is crazy.

Yankees, Spankees, the Astros just took 3 of 5 from them and were “this close” to taking all 5.

And everyone in the country knows the Astros aren’t afraid of the Yankees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Yankees, Spankees, the Astros just took 3 of 5 from them and were “this close” to taking all 5.

And everyone in the country knows the Astros aren’t afraid of the Yankees.

Who said the Astros were afraid?

Comment

All good things must end. Start a new winning streak this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            All good things must end. Start a new winning streak this afternoon.
            looking good.....

JV on the mound today.......

Comment

Hopefully Lee catches JV today

Comment

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lee with first 2 hits and 3 rbi👍👍

Comment

Liking draft picks so far. Took “fiery” stud outfielder Gilbert from Tennessee. He was rated #24 overall prospect. 2nd round pick was rated #25 overall

Comment

You don't see very many 5'9" outfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        I know.....I have a feeling he may have a hard time reaching his potential. Or reaching for anything really.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          Liking draft picks so far. Took “fiery” stud outfielder Gilbert from Tennessee. He was rated #24 overall prospect. 2nd round pick was rated #25 overall

I saw CBS rated this pick a D+ and said it was a reach. I actually liked the pic

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Don’t see too many players that height at all, even 2nd basemen. Yet the Astros have a 5’ 6” 2nd baseman on the roster that’s done ok for himself, pre and post BS.

This pick, at least to me, looks like a somewhat smaller Jim Edmonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                              Don’t see too many players that height at all, even 2nd basemen. Yet the Astros have a 5’ 6” 2nd baseman on the roster that’s done ok for himself, pre and post BS.

This pick, at least to me, looks like a somewhat smaller Jim Edmonds.
                              I was thinking Lenny Dyktstra.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                I was thinking Lenny Dyktstra.
                                Yeah I can see that comparison.

I don’t think this was a bad pick at all. What does interest me is they drafted an almost Kyle Tucker like outfielder in the 2nd round after he allegedly turned down a contract extension a couple of months back.

It really is going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years. Draft, resigns and outside free agents.

Comment

Working...
                                X