No announcement yet.

Dog shedding tip, and tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dogs only shed twice a year. The summer season and the winter season.

Comment

I use a shed control shampoo on my German Shepherd, and brush often with a furminator.
      The dog rides around all day in the back seat of truck, so I try to keep shedding down.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

In addition to what has already been said, your pup is probably starting to blow her puppy coat and put on her adult coat. All that cute and cuddly puppy fuzz and softness will seem to quadruple as it comes out.

You can also check the quality of your dog food with something like Dog Food analysis.com or dog food advisor. They both give good overviews of actual food content Vs marketing ploys.
        Last edited by CamoQuest; 04-28-2022, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
          A FURminator a couple times a week a day really helps
          FIFY.

Baths with hair conditioner, but you can't give them too many baths. Twice a month will help.

Comment

Roomba and put one egg a day in their food. It helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend that uses his shop vac three times a week on his black Lab and swears by it. No clue how to get them to except being vacuumed and lay still.

Comment

We recently started our yellow lab on blue buffalo food, pretty sure that's what it's called. Expensive but it seems to have cut the shedding down. I'm a believer and will continue buying it. We've tried brushing, etc. and it doesn't work, just keeps coming out like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                X