No announcement yet.

Tequila?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on what he likes, Most of the high ends that people mention above all have additives for flavor. He may be a purest and like the no additive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
      7 league

The original Patrón Tequila was produced by Casa 7 Leguas, one of the oldest Mexican distilleries. St. Maarten Spirits (owners John Paul DeJoria and Martin Crowley) purchased the brand rights in 1989 and in 2002 production moved to a new distillery.
      Correct...sorry, Seite leguas is correct.

Owner said their fancy tequila / copy sucked & wasn't the same...my understand the 'Paul' was the guy from Paul Mitchell hair products. Owner missed out but stuck to his guns on the gringo mass produced being the same product. They still crush their agave w/ stone I'm told. A buddy got the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
        Clase Azul
        Best

That George strait stuff is trash.

Don Jolio 1942. Anejo or Repasado

Comment

The DJ 1942 is something else! I like the olmeca altos reposado.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
            It all depends on what he likes, Most of the high ends that people mention above all have additives for flavor. He may be a purest and like the no additive stuff.
            What he said 👆🏻, some additive free recommendation- Volans,Pasote,G4, Wild Common, Fortaleza (if you find it let me know it’s been hard to find), ArteNOM, Tapatio, El Tequileño, Ocho Tequila.

Comment

Tequila?

Dos Artes Añejo. If you can find it, Reserva Especial is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tequila Ley or Casamigos is what we usually keep stocked in our house. Both are equally smooth

Comment

Whatever kind there is that doesn't taste like tequila. That crap is disgusting.

Comment

I like the most expensive codigo, dos primos is a good budget one, Cantera negra is another

Comment

My most recent favorite is Qui (sounds like “key”) Platinum Extra Añejo. It has the deep tones and rich flavor of an añejo, but without the color. Keeps your tequila-based cocktails from looking “muddy.”

For sipping, which I rarely do, Clase Azul is unbeatable.

Comment

No love for Herradura? They make a great swig, as well as Tres Generaciones and a number of others at that price point. 1942 is a great choice if you feel like dropping a couple of bills...I guess it all depends on what kind of favor you're on the hook for!

Comment

It really depends on how he drinks his tequila. I’m partial to Anejo from 100% Agave and usually drink it on the rocks. Find out if he likes to sip, shoot or mix it.

Comment

[QUOTE=2old2;16193203]What he said 👆🏻, some additive free recommendation- Volans,Pasote,G4, Wild Common, Fortaleza (if you find it let me know it’s been hard to find), ArteNOM, Tapatio, El Tequileño, Ocho Tequila.[/QUOTE

These mentioned above are all any purist would drink as a lot of tequila now has addatives.. True tequila aficionados want the juice made how it was 100 years ago.....another to mention that is additive free would be El Tesoro.

Comment

For me G4 repasado is as good as it gets if u arent going into the 100 + $ range.

Comment

If he likes to drink or sip a good one, extra Anejo don julio 1942 or avion 44 booth are super smooth can actually drink on it and around $100-150

Comment

Working...
                                X