Personal Distress Beacon - Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Great idea! He needs to keep it in his pocket in case he falls out of the tree with his pack still in the tree. I think about that with my cell phone. It will do no good still up in the tree.

Very true statement. I figure this way, I can have some peace of mind about him going out in the woods without seeming like I’m trying to restrict him in anyway. He is uber independent and I do NOT want to seem like I’m trying to take that away from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      Inreach has a feature that once turned on will send a location ping every ten minutes creating a "bread-crumb" type trail. The trial is viewable on their mapping app by people having permission. This would be a neat and useful feature in addition to the satellite texting along with the emergency beacon feature on the device.

Your dad is living the life I hope to live if & when I get to that age.

Will it alert rescue/authorities as well, or just give the location?

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
        Will it alert rescue/authorities as well, or just give the location?

Here is a link to a good review on its features.

Comment

I’ve heard zoleo is the real deal. Used by several buddies that hunt way off the grid and allows txt messages.

Comment

I used the inreach mini on my Colorado solo hunt this year. It is small ( attach to my belt ) you have a SOS button to push for emergencies, you can text with it and like someone said you can leave a trail that people can follow if you are unable to push the button. Not he easiest thing to use but not bad.

Comment

garmin Inreach user here also. It also allows the mrs to contact me too via text if she has emergency at home.

Comment

I love my garmin inreach and I am selling my mini to upgrade to the full size inreach. It's a great way to let your friends and family know where you are at while having the comfort of knowing if something were to happen, local authorities would be there quick.

Comment

Working...
                X