Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
    Hunting the Midwest is awesome !!

In about two weeks it's going to get crazy. It's just a little early although it's getting close. I am not getting any day light buck pics yet.

It is sleeting here in Davis county Iowa now.

Good luck !!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I will be in southern Illinois hunting the 31st through the 5th. Due to medical issues I’ll be bound to ground blind or tower blind. Plan on doing all days sits.

Thanks for taking us along

Comment

In the tree wind supposed to die down about 5!

Comment

Growing up in Missouri I hunted all day during early season (if I was able)fence rows and fields early and late in the day and water source during midday killed a lot of deer around noon.

Comment

Well that’s a wrap for this trip, each of us smoked a doe. I had a blast and am now discussing leasing 930 acres for next season. Looks like I may be heading up to hunt the rut at the first of November, I did learn that I need better boots lol

Comment

Here's the boot you need, and head back up the middle of Nov

ALPHABURLY PRO
            OPTIFADE MARSH 1600G

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              I will be in southern Illinois hunting the 31st through the 5th. Due to medical issues I’ll be bound to ground blind or tower blind. Plan on doing all days sits.

Thanks for taking us along
              The Drurys and lakoskys kill a lot of big deer from blinds! Good luck.

Comment

I pulled a card yesterday. I had my first buck daylight picture since July on 10-16-20 (Saturday). I went out yesterday evening at 5:30 about 300 yards north of the house and sat in the Terrace stand. I saw 4 does and 4 bucks between 5:30 and 6:50. They turn on like a light switch every year around October 15-20 and start showing up in daylight (right before dark). Two of the bucks were acting like buddies when I first spotted them and later they got into a pretty good fight across the way on one of my food plots.

Comment

Working...
                X