Heroin Addict Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pervis View Post
    My wifes been to la hacienda twice now. And very recently. Not drugs, but alcohol. She did great while in there, but has come out both times and not changed a bit. Its completely up to the person to want it. Going to file for divorce on mon. She has torn our family to shreds.
    Dang Pervis. Prayers up for you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      Till he hits rock bottom, his chances are zero, heroine/ opioids are tough to kick
      Don’t help him one bit, he has two choices 1. Die 2. Admit powerlessness and seek a higher power
      This is the truth. Don't ask me about why I know. Rock bottom is where the choices are made. Live or die.

Comment

My wifes been to la hacienda twice now. And very recently. Not drugs, but alcohol. She did great while in there, but has come out both times and not changed a bit. Its completely up to the person to want it. Going to file for divorce on mon. She has torn our family to shreds.
        Went through the exact same thing. Good luck!
        Its tough but it was the best decision I ever made. You'll be amazed how much better life is on the other side! In the end she and I are better for it. Stay strong!

Comment

i have to guys. I have 2 little boys of my own w my wife. My wife just lost custody of her son, my step son due to this. Shes now hallucinating, talking to herself, all kinds of stuff. Did la hacienda twice this summer, my kids had to go stay at my parents. I work over the road. We all hoped she would come back all good. Within days both times she was drinking again.
          Had her set up to in out patient in southlake at arise and she no called no showed em. I took her myself days later. Found aa groups for her, went to two meetings myself with her to support her. Still drinking. Cops cps crackheads all have been to my house. I have to quit enabling her. Toughest decision ive ever made in my life. Im gona loose financially, but screw it. I cant have her take me or the kids down any longer. Im living in hell now, but it will get better.

Comment

i have to guys. I have 2 little boys of my own w my wife. My wife just lost custody of her son, my step son due to this. Shes now hallucinating, talking to herself, all kinds of stuff. Did la hacienda twice this summer, my kids had to go stay at my parents. I work over the road. We all hoped she would come back all good. Within days both times she was drinking again.
            Had her set up to in out patient in southlake at arise and she no called no showed em. I took her myself days later. Found aa groups for her, went to two meetings myself with her to support her. Still drinking. Cops cps crackheads all have been to my house. I have to quit enabling her. Toughest decision ive ever made in my life. Im gona loose financially, but screw it. I cant have her take me or the kids down any longer. Im living in hell now, but it will get better.
            Breaks my heart bud and you do what you need to do!

To the OP hang in there and I am sorry you have to deal with this.

Comment

That drug took my best friend since kindergarten...i know opiates are horribly addictive (hydrocodone grabbed me up). I knew i had a problem when i stole pain pills from my grandmother /aunt whomever.. i hope everyone who is dealing with it, it works out for em.
              Hard battle but it CAN be won...

Comment

Trying to help my wifes brother is partially to blame for our financial problems. We tried to help too much. For years the only time we heard from him was when he got free calls while in jail. We moved him from Florida to our house and that was THE mistake. After about a year, I just kicked his *** out the door. We paid for rehab and medical bills trying to help him, but he really just wanted to bum off of us. He hitchhiked his way back to Florida and died living in a tent.

Comment

My girlfriends son is a 28 yr old addict. He just came off probation on monday. Last night got a call he was tearing up her house. She lives with me but keeps her old house so he has a place to stay. She goes down there and he is high as all get out, tearing the house apart, bathroom vanity off the wall, water spraying everywhere. She found bags of heroin. Im thinking im done with the relationship after multiple almost overdoses. I don't want the kid around my kids at all. He doesn't want help. Ive tried. Its an ugly drug for sure.

Comment

Pervis and others, prayers up for your situations. We aren’t alone that’s for sure and there’s no shame in seeking help.

A buddy recommended a book called Dreamland about the opioid crisis origins. I don’t know if I want to read it - may just get mad.

Comment

Im truly beginning to believe no help is the best help you can give someone in these circumstances. Ive tried everything and when i say everything i mean everything. Im finding comfort reading about other guys stuff on here. Im gona do it because its my only option at this point. The first hardest thing ive ever done was drop my wife off at rehab and have to walk away. The second hardest thing ive ever had to do is walk away from her with my kids at all cost. This will change my life and my kids lifes for sure. We cant have mom take us with her anymore. Gona be a hard road ahead to navigate for me. Hopefully this will change her and her ways. Ive got to move forward cause this is not a part of life i want anymore part of. Say some prayers for me. This will unfold more this week.

Comment

I agree with the people that says he has to want it. Had a former work associate with an addiction. This guy had loads of money so he could support it. His kids kept throwing him in rehab but as you may have heard and as he told me he had access to more Goods in there than anywhere. This was a very high dollar facility that he went to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for everyone involved. Addiction is terrible

Comment

It honestly will not matter...inpatient, outpatient, Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Shilo Ministries. $25,0000 facility or a $20.00 copay. These are all support systems for someone that truly wants to stop. Jail or Prison are the forced support systems. If it’s the withdrawals that are getting him then there are things like Suboxone that truly work to ease the withdrawals. But.....this can be addictive as well so again he has to WANT to stop. I know withdrawals can feel like you’re a couple inches from death and a lot of times sends addicts back into the vicious cycle of using. Feel free to PM me as I speak from personal experience.

Comment

Prayers for your entire family. 30 years ago I fought my demons and won. DO NOT LET PEOPLE TELL YOU DO NOTHING. I am here, own a 16 year old company, have a 30 year + marriage, and 3 kids either practicing medicine or in grad school. G-d and family and my wife saved my life.

It doesn’t always work, but there is no more powerful formula then faith and family. PM any time.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Working...
                                X