High Fence Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Fence Thoughts

Have any of you been on a high fence where the animals seems as wild as on a low fence? I hunted a 700 acre high fence and alot of the animals would just look at us as we drove around. Wondering what they are like on something bigger like 2k acres? Thinking about booking an exotic hunt but don't want something too easy.

And were off

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if someone offered me a free high fence shoot I would be happy to go.

It ain't hunting though.

Comment

I hunted some small high fence places where it didn't really feel like hunting and I've hunted 20,000+ acre high fence places where you wouldn't even know it had a fence around it. There are lots of factors that affect the quality of hunting and I don’t think there is a magic number for acreage.

Comment

Originally posted by BCoop27 View Post
            Have any of you been on a high fence where the animals seems as wild as on a low fence? I hunted a 700 acre high fence and alot of the animals would just look at us as we drove around. Wondering what they are like on something bigger like 2k acres? Thinking about booking an exotic hunt but don't want something too easy.
            I think it depends on how much pressure is put on them. I went on one in Rockdale that was 500ac. Shot axis doe but wasn't easy. Place also had red deer that wasn't scared of you.

Been on place that was 10k acres broke up into like 2-3k acres pastures. Definitely not an easy hunt.

Took my son on ram hunt. Hardest part was let the one he wanted to clear others for a shot....I am definitely not apposed to a high fence place.

If its 500ac of thick stuff, they know every inch of it and how to hide

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

You ever been to a wildlife park and rode around with the feed buckets?

Comment

Some people.....

Comment

Here are my thoughts... yes usually highfence hunts are easier. But highfence operations usually have people constantly out driving roads, filling feeders, putting corn/feed out all year. They have time to pattern deer easier with cameras people constantly watching deer. The deer become used to the commotion and aren’t nearly as pressured as low fence places.

Low fence places have the same thing, but the animals can leave even on a 2k acre place. I’ve seen deer travel 4-5miles in a few days between my our two properties. I think a lot of it has to do with pressure and number of deer taken. I’ve been on some low fence ranches where the deer were eating in the road as the truck was driving off spinning corn from a bumper feeder.

Both have their perks. Both have their negatives. The hunting community is too small to be nit picky. Just be glad we are still able to hunt. If you are wanting an exotic go for it especially if you are on a lease or property that will never have exotics. Just my thoughts not trying to start anything just giving you my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post

LMAO... Yep.

Comment

We have about 430 acres under high fence. Maybe 70 to 80 deer on the place and they are like ghosts.

Comment

Come on spike!!!

You were probably thinking to yourself. "You know...I haven't seen any threads on high fence and how hard deer are to hunt on them since I registered and I've been looking for a topic to start a thread about that nobody has ever discussed on here"........... so you let it fly.....

Well....I got a little news for ya! There are some subjects that have absolutely been beaten to death on this site that we can't discuss without everybody pissing in each others cheerios. You just posted about the number one sword fighting thread on tbh... Good luck to ya! Let the nut-kicking commence!!
                        Last edited by Smart; 10-17-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I know they have ruined my drive to the lease.
                          The 12 miles from the highway to the lease gate was once pretty nice now it’s nearly all lined with hf’s and more going up right now. It amazes me someone would spend so much money just to kill a deer

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Come on spike!!!

You were probably thinking to yourself. "You know...I haven't seen any threads on high fence and how hard deer are to hunt on them since I registered and I've been looking for a topic to start a thread about that nobody has ever discussed on here"........... so you let it fly.....

Well....I got a newsflash for ya! There are some subjects that have absolutely been beaten to death on this site that we can't discuss without everybody pissing in each others cheerios. You just posted about the number one sword fighting thread on tbh... Congrats!! Good luck to ya! Let the nut-kicking commence!!

Comment

Going after a specific buck on high fence can be a challenge. All my exotic hunts have been tall fence And have been for specific culls which made them challenging. Low fence is defiantly more challenging though

Comment

Working...
                              X