Christians who like Country Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christians who like Country Music

Disclaimer: This is a question for Christians who enjoy Country Music, not a thread for those who want to be a troll or bash Christian views.

I grew up on good 'ole country music and really enjoy the sound. Anything from the classics like George Jones and Willie, all the way to the Cody Jinks type artists that are a little rough around the edges with their style. With that said, I don't really listen to it anymore because I mainly have just listened to Christian music in the last year or two. I used to listen to a mix, but found that personally, the lyrics and content took my mind to a place that I didn't like. So with that personal conviction, I have just listened to my Pandora Christian Station while in the truck (the only time I listen to music).

Are there any Country Christian artists out there that have the traditional country sound? It seems to be a missing genre. I know that artists like Randy Travis and Alan Jackson have put out albums in the past with worship songs but are there artists out there that produce Christian songs exclusively???
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 10-16-2020, 10:03 AM.

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Disclaimer: This is a question for Christians who enjoy Country Music, not a thread for those who want to be a troll or bash Christian views.

I grew up on good 'ole country music and really enjoy the sound. Anything from the classics like George Jones and Willie, all the way to the Cody Jinks type artists that are a little rough around the edges with their style. With that said, I don't really listen to it anymore because I mainly have just listened to Christian music in the last year or two. I used to listen to a mix, but found that personally, the lyrics and content took my mind to a place that I didn't like. So with that personal conviction, I have just listened to my Pandora Christian Station while in the truck (the only time I listen to music).

Are there any Country Christian artists out there that have the traditional country sound? It seems to be a missing genre. I know that artists like Randy Travis and Alan Jackson have put out albums in the past with worship songs but are there artists out there that produce Christian songs exclusively.
    I would check out Cody Johnson if I were you...

As for worship stuff, I haven't heard much.

Avoid Koe Wetzle

As for taking you mind to less than ideal place, that is something individuals have to decide for themselves how things effect them. I have no problem with your choice(it's your choice) just make sure you aren't lording it over others. I'm not saying you are... But let's just say I've experienced it
    Last edited by catslayer; 10-16-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Sean McConnell! He's awesome and has Christian views.

Comment

Check out Dave McMahon on Spotify, etc. he is the local DJ at the country radio station in Conroe, but he has some good Christian based songs out there with a country swing. And a heck of a good guy as well.

Comment

I have felt the same way the past couple years or should I say I have grow in Christ and my desires have changed and the lyrics turn me off now. A good clean Texas county artist is Aaron Watson.

Comment

Alan Jackson Precious Memories album has been out for several years and hard to beat. I don't know any strictly Christian/Country artists. Mostly country artists that sing hymns

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
              I would check out Cody Johnson if I were you...

As for worship stuff, I haven't heard much.

Avoid Koe Wetzle
              I like Cody and he has some pretty good songs, some of which are faith oriented. I'm just more curious why the genre doesn't seem to exist and why there aren't country artists exclusively in Christian Music. It seems most of the one's who started that way moved on to mainstream secular type music.

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
              Thanks. I will check him out.

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
              Check out Dave McMahon on Spotify, etc. he is the local DJ at the country radio station in Conroe, but he has some good Christian based songs out there with a country swing. And a heck of a good guy as well.
              It seems like someone told me about him a while back. I had forgotten about him. Thanks

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
              I have felt the same way the past couple years or should I say I have grow in Christ and my desires have changed and the lyrics turn me off now. A good clean Texas county artist is Aaron Watson.
              Yes sir. I used to listen to Aaron Watson and like him. I just wonder why some of these current country artists who are Christians don't sing Christian music exclusively. There are lots of extremely successful Christian artists out there in the rock genre (Jeremy Camp, David Crowder, Casting Crowns, etc)

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
              Alan Jackson Precious Memories album has been out for several years and hard to beat. I don't know any strictly Christian/Country artists. Mostly country artists that sing hymns
              I love that album

Comment

you mentioned Pandora, i have a station on mine that is traditional country hyms that is pretty good. might check it out. but i know where you are coming from about some of the lyrics.....and i love the older country and Cody Johnson and Aaron Watson(who is a member on here).

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                  This right here, very devout Christian and has a voice like no other!

I really like zac Williams, not exactly “country” genre but he is pretty close to it and he’s got some great songs. His song “chain breaker” probably gets covered during worship at a lot of churches.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                    Avoid Koe Wetzle

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Koe is far and away my favorite right now but that is the EXACT person I was thinking the OP doesn’t need to listen to as I was reading what he was looking for. That’s funny

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                      you mentioned Pandora, i have a station on mine that is traditional country hyms that is pretty good. might check it out. but i know where you are coming from about some of the lyrics.....and i love the older country and Cody Johnson and Aaron Watson(who is a member on here).
                      I will have to check out the Pandora station. Cody and Aaron are both great artists.

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      This right here, very devout Christian and has a voice like no other!

I really like zac Williams, not exactly “country” genre but he is pretty close to it and he’s got some great songs. His song “chain breaker” probably gets covered during worship at a lot of churches.
                      Zac Williams is one of my favorites. I played guitar in our church band for a long time and we would do some of his songs.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                        [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Koe is far and away my favorite right now but that is the EXACT person I was thinking the OP doesn’t need to listen to as I was reading what he was looking for. That’s funny
                        LOL. I'm not familiar with him but I can imagine. Most of the old outlaw country and some of the new outlaw stuff is exactly the kind of stuff I used to love. I still love the music but can't listen to it. It stirs something in me that I don't like. I'm convinced that most of their lyrics are like choir music compared to the life I lived at one time. The weed smoking, hard drugs, chasing women, and all kinds of craziness pretty much defined me at one time. That was a long time ago and I just don't want to listen to lyrics that stir up thoughts of that old life and glorify it. Everything starts with a thought, so I try to guard my thought-life if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          LOL. I'm not familiar with him but I can imagine. Most of the old outlaw country and some of the new outlaw stuff is exactly the kind of stuff I used to love. I still love the music but can't listen to it. It stirs something in me that I don't like. I'm convinced that most of their lyrics are like choir music compared to the life I lived at one time. The weed smoking, hard drugs, chasing women, and all kinds of craziness pretty much defined me at one time. That was a long time ago and I just don't want to listen to lyrics that stir up thoughts of that old life and glorify it. Everything starts with a thought, so I try to guard my thought-life if that makes sense.
                          Yes sir. Keep up the faith.....I struggle a lot with it too....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cody johnson!

Comment

Try some Josh Turner or the Gaithers

Comment

Working...
                              X