20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    I’ve had the opposite in my experience, so long as I’m hidden all my pintails come right in and get shot front and center on the coast. But In freshwater ponds they won’t come within 60 yards. Been trying to get a freshwater pintail for the wall but looks like a coastal bull will be going to the taxi this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh man, not us. We shoot a good variety but pintail always seems vary on the mid coast. I have heard that further south the numbers are better a bit further south and pintail work a little better.

Now on the prairie and inland coastal marsh I have seen them come straight in to die and its a ton of fun.

Comment

Think it got missed. Anybody ever hunted aquilla? I've never been there and it's about a 40 minute drive. But submitting my stuff so I can hunt this year.

I have a boat also. Just not sure if it's worth hunting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Think it got missed. Anybody ever hunted aquilla? I've never been there and it's about a 40 minute drive. But submitting my stuff so I can hunt this year.

I have a boat also. Just not sure if it's worth hunting.

I've never hunted it, buts its probably like all public land duck hunting. Sometimes there are birds sometimes there aren't. You got to go out and scout and find the birds.

Comment

Not looking for spots but can anyone tell me where to get on a good concentration of spoonies?love chasing bootlips- I hear Dallas area is full of em?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            I've never hunted it, buts its probably like all public land duck hunting. Sometimes there are birds sometimes there aren't. You got to go out and scout and find the birds.
            I figured that much. I was just curious as to whether it's crazy packed. Lots of walk in hunters.

And the terrain. If its like Granger where you really don't want to run a boat in the dark due to trees and stuff.

General input.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              Not looking for spots but can anyone tell me where to get on a good concentration of spoonies?love chasing bootlips- I hear Dallas area is full of em?
              I wax them around waco. Got a beautiful one at the taxi right now.

Comment

Anyone got a lead on a good goose/crane guy in the El Campo Area? Sounds like it'll be a fun hunt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                  Anyone got a lead on a good goose/crane guy in the El Campo Area? Sounds like it'll be a fun hunt

Will Granberry Avian Skies.

Comment

Would this be a legal decoy?

If anything, drag some treble hooks behind it and use it to retrieve ducks lol

Comment

Any of yall guys have any cool trips planned this year?

I really want to go to the northeast to do some seaduck and brant hunting. Anyone here ever do it? Any recommendations on outfitters/guides. It probably won't happen this year but I am hoping for 21/22 season.

This year I plan on going on a crane hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                        Any of yall guys have any cool trips planned this year?

I really want to go to the northeast to do some seaduck and brant hunting. Anyone here ever do it? Any recommendations on outfitters/guides. It probably won't happen this year but I am hoping for 21/22 season.

This year I plan on going on a crane hunt.
                        Trying to set up a Nebraska/Wyoming trip up for next year but nada this year.

Would love to try that kind of hunt that you mentioned out though!

Comment

My boats back in action and ready for big duck hopefully a good trouble free season bost wise

Comment

Wife bought me a pup earlier this year and she’s in month 4 of training at best retrievers. Just received a update that she’s kicking butt (I’m sure everyone with a dog there receives that text) but pretty excited. Get her back during the split and can’t wait to see how she does this year.
                            Last edited by 150class; 10-12-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                              My boats back in action and ready for big duck hopefully a good trouble free season bost wise
                              Awesome. Glad to hear it. I'm thinking of buying a surface drive soon. The way you handled yours made up my mind

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Wife bought me a pup earlier this year and she’s in month 4 of training at best retrievers. Just received a update that she’s kicking butt (I’m sure everyone with a dog there receives that text) but pretty excited. Get her back during the split and can’t wait to see how she does this year.

Congrats on the new dog! My pup went to Best Retreivers. They did a great job but I haven’t hunted her enough to keep her sharp which is all my fault. We are doing a boot camp right now to get the kinks lined out before big duck season. I think you will be very pleased with your experience with them. One bit of advice, be sure to go there as much as possible and work with the trainers on how to handle and correct the pup. It will make your life so much easier in the long run. I think over half the battle is learning to work the dog correctly versus the dog not doing what it is supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X