No announcement yet.

Sam Houston NF 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great guy but he must've checked me a hundred times. He was hunting me I believe. Does he still work SHNF?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      Great guy but he must've checked me a hundred times. He was hunting me I believe. Does he still work SHNF?
      No idea, Im assuming he's retired by now or getting close. As wardens do he will cut you no slack but overall nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by PKal88 View Post
        No idea, Im assuming he's retired by now or getting close. As wardens do he will cut you no slack but overall nice guy.
        Yeah, one year he checked me, saw my Buck knife had dried blood on it from the weekend before where I lent it to a guy near my camp, confiscated it and wrote me a receipt, and told me he was having it tested. On opening day two years later he was waiting for me at the gate with my knife. Said it came back from the lab, buck blood. Duh......

SH

Comment

Yeah, one year he checked me, saw my Buck knife had dried blood on it from the weekend before where I lent it to a guy near my camp, confiscated it and wrote me a receipt, and told me he was having it tested. On opening day two years later he was waiting for me at the gate with my knife. Said it came back from the lab, buck blood. Duh......

SH

2 year later? Honestly, crappy he took it but very cool that he kept looking to give it back to you after 2 years

Comment

SH
            dubya tee eff....

"testing" as in having it tested for human blood? As in accusing you of murder?

Comment

Talking about hunters in general season - i was walking on a main trail ... as in gravel road with labeled sign (trail number with "no motorized vehicles") - there was a hunter right off the main trail waving me off - I was thinking "what the H*ll man! - at least get into the woods a bit" - he had is rifle ready in one hand and waving his hat in the other. Needless to say I got outta there.

On a side note: with all the new construction that's going on out there - I'm surprised that rifle hunting is still allowed (not saying that archery should only be allowed ... just curious - it seems like every year there's new "master planned" communities being built there)

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                dubya tee eff....

"testing" as in having it tested for human blood? As in accusing you of murder?
                Nah, he was always trying to get me. One time I was way back there and just got down from my stand when I heard a beep beep, as in someone locking the truck door. I don't hear good, it was that close. Anyway, I knelt down and saw it was Ol Alan walking the trail very close to where I was putting on my orange. I stood up and yelled 'Biggerstaff' and you woulda thought I hit him with a cattle prod, he jumped so high. Good dude but I never did anything for him to hunt me.

Comment

Nah, he was always trying to get me. One time I was way back there and just got down from my stand when I heard a beep beep, as in someone locking the truck door. I don't hear good, it was that close. Anyway, I knelt down and saw it was Ol Alan walking the trail very close to where I was putting on my orange. I stood up and yelled 'Biggerstaff' and you woulda thought I hit him with a cattle prod, he jumped so high. Good dude but I never did anything for him to hunt me.
                  sounds like he took a liking to you, he use to always bust us for riding dirt bikes around the neighborhood and instead of letting us call home to get picked up he made us push our bikes all the way home. Gotta teach us heathens a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by PKal88 View Post
                    sounds like he took a liking to you, he use to always bust us for riding dirt bikes around the neighborhood and instead of letting us call home to get picked up he made us push our bikes all the way home. Gotta teach us heathens a lesson.
                    I dunno about liking me. One time I killed a nice buck way back there and as I was dragging it to the gate with my cart and bycycle, he came driving up with his truck. He checked me out, properly tagged, and even took a pic with me and the buck, not really big, but legal. He followed me back toward the gate, him driving, me pulling. Well, the wheel came undone and I was not happy. Ol' Alan showed he did have a heart and allowed me to put my stuff into his truck and drove me to the gate. To this day, I think he took the pic as evidence, if I ever got a replacement license and didn't check off the 13" box. he's a smart dude. I got more stories about Biggerstaff.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pelochas View Post
                        Interesting article. Man, he got old looking, me too, I guess. Ol' Alan must've retired when I stopped hunting SHNF, he missed me too much. LOL.
                        Okay, another Biggerstaff story:
                        Well, Ol' Alan would always wait for me at the gate where I parked. Since I was always the last out and 4 miles away, it would be maybe 45-hr after dark when I get there. I would turn off my flashlight at the last bend so I could sneak up on him if I saw his truck parked behind me. I surprised him a couple of times like that. And, he would always check me, even if he did so the day before. After a little of that, Ol' Alan would park his truck around the entrance so I couldn't tell if he was there are not. I think he was hoping to catch me jacking a deer after everyone left. I'm am sure he was watching me at times I never knew. Again, I never did anything illegal.

Comment

I thought Biggerstaff was in a bad accident years ago and retired. Checked by him many times. I had a dove spot that we could take our limit on any time. If he heard us shooting he was there every time.

Comment

Interesting article. Man, he got old looking, me too, I guess. Ol' Alan must've retired when I stopped hunting SHNF, he missed me too much. LOL.
                            Okay, another Biggerstaff story:
                            Well, Ol' Alan would always wait for me at the gate where I parked. Since I was always the last out and 4 miles away, it would be maybe 45-hr after dark when I get there. I would turn off my flashlight at the last bend so I could sneak up on him if I saw his truck parked behind me. I surprised him a couple of times like that. And, he would always check me, even if he did so the day before. After a little of that, Ol' Alan would park his truck around the entrance so I couldn't tell if he was there are not. I think he was hoping to catch me jacking a deer after everyone left. I'm am sure he was watching me at times I never knew. Again, I never did anything illegal.
                            He was also in an airboat accident that nearly killed him. I think he was recovering for well over a year after the accident. If I recall correctly he was chasing somebody and flipped after hitting a stump going close to 40. I have met some pretty crazy people out in the Sam especially when I lived in Riverside and spent a lot of time on the east side of the forest and knowing wardens are everywhere kind of puts me at ease (Sometimes I do think If I walk up on the wrong group out there I will end up robbed.)

Comment

Pelochas, thank you for the update. From the article, it doesn't sound like he was hurt too bad, released a day or two later after the accident, which is good. I like the guy, we had a game going on, cat and mouse. Okay, here is another Alan Biggerstaff story:
                              For the years Ol' Alan was hunting me, I drove my big white 2000 Chevy 3500 four door long bed truck. Well, in 2009, I bought a new truck, a red GMC 1500. Even though the paper plates expired in July, I kept them on and kept the metal plates in my truck in case I got pulled over by LEO, which never happened. I only did this so I could mess with Ol' Alan. Come bow season and the first two weekends of rifle season, I drove Big Red and never saw Ol' Alan. Wouldn't you know it, the next weekend I drove Whitey and guess who met me at the gate on Saturday night. Ol' Alan. Of course, he checked me out. For the rest of the year, I drove Big Red but after a couple of weekends, Ol' Alan must've figured it out and ran my paper plates and was waiting for me. We talked about it and I then put on the metal plates.

Comment

Working...
                              X