Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knife Makers - Custom knife with elk ivory’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Makers - Custom knife with elk ivory’s?

Any of the knife makers want to take on a custom knife build using the ivory’s out on my elk?

I’m looking for a larger knife 4-5” cutting surface using the ivory’s out of an elk I killed. I also have the raw femur bones. I am not sure if the bones could be of any use though.

I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with the ivory’s and decided that I would see what y’all could come up with. Not too worried about price. Maybe bone scales, with ivory inlayed bolsters, etc??? Not even sure if that is possible though.

If anyone has any ideas, I am all ears and would like to have one of y’all build it.

TIA

I inlayed some elk ivory into a mesquite wood handle bout 2 years ago for a guy... I just inlayed it right in the middle like I would a mosaic pin to kinda set it off. I'd take it on but I'm already a little backed up on orders and short on time...It would be after Christmas before I could get to it if you were interested. Theres a few of us makers on here, so I'm sure one of us can get it made![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
      I inlayed some elk ivory into a mesquite wood handle bout 2 years ago for a guy... I just inlayed it right in the middle like I would a mosaic pin to kinda set it off. I'd take it on but I'm already a little backed up on orders and short on time...It would be after Christmas before I could get to it if you were interested. Theres a few of us makers on here, so I'm sure one of us can get it made![emoji106]

I am good with that. I am in no rush. Yall are the artists, so I am good with whatever you want to come up with and if you want to try something new with it.

Comment

I am interested as well in this. I have some elk ivory from a bull my dad took when I was a kid. He’s been gone almost 12yrs now. It would be pretty special to have a knife made from them, and maybe some bone or a antler from one he took as well.

Comment

Just another idea-------------My brother commissioned a pair of his/hers gold nugget rings made with his elk ivories as the stone set. They are awesome looking pieces of jewelry.

Comment

Heck Andy, just saw one of the points off that rack... they make real good han'els and you can have them teefus's glued to either side for a bolster...

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              I am good with that. I am in no rush. Yall are the artists, so I am good with whatever you want to come up with and if you want to try something new with it.
              Sent ya a pm! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Heck Andy, just saw one of the points off that rack... they make real good han'els and you can have them teefus's glued to either side for a bolster...
                Lol...Lindsey would love that idea if it would keep from mounting it and hanging it in the living room

Comment

This is total off the wall but could you have an inlay made for your bow grip?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    This is total off the wall but could you have an inlay made for your bow grip?

I like that! Only thing is that I doubt they could be moved to a different bow when I upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X