2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fawns already?

Last visit to Tyler county for the season. Pulled cameras. Picture from last Sunday Jan 5th. Fawn on the ground or am I miss reading the picture?
    Attached Files

Comment

Pulled cards today and my stands are absolutely on fire. I'm thinking lil david is gonna have a good weekend.

Comment

Deer are hammering corn here. Got a few hunts left to get it done. Sitting in my bow stand now with my CVA and a pile of corn.

Target bucks been here over the last few weeks nearly every day/ night till my camera batteries died. Hope he shows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

good luck.

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

That’s a wrap. Yesterday my target buck showed up at 5:45 behind me. Couldn’t get a clear shot and then the wind started gusting and my tree was all over the place by the time i found him in my scope he had spooked.
            This evening he came in right at dark with 2 other bucks. An old heavy buck (won’t make 13”) kept him pushed back off the corn till i couldn’t see to shoot. I watch them through my Binos till 6:30 and finally climbed down.
            Tough season. First time I’ve went with out a buck in years.

Corn hog that is lucky he’s only 12”

Here he is, hunted him over 250 hrs with 5 encounters since archery opener. He’ll be 6.5 next year. The count down begins

Comment

Just think of what he will be next year. Sorry he didn't cooperate for you.

Comment

Yesterday was a wrap for us. I wanted one more deer for sausage and it just didnt pan out. My son had his first year in 11 years he didnt get a deer.

I normally take cameras and stack em up on bedding trails to take an inventory of survivors. But, we dont have but one deer i can say I want to watch at this point and he was at a feeder Friday.

Time to do some fishin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We let a bunch of solid 3.5 year olds go in the 2018 - 19 season, and evidently no one around us killed much of anything this past season, so the 2020 - 21 season ought to be solid. There should be a plethora of 4.5 and 5.5 year old bucks around, so here’s hoping things pan out better.

And after Trump gets elected for another term...man it can’t get much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Yesterday was a wrap for us. I wanted one more deer for sausage and it just didnt pan out. My son had his first year in 11 years he didnt get a deer.

I normally take cameras and stack em up on bedding trails to take an inventory of survivors. But, we dont have but one deer i can say I want to watch at this point and he was at a feeder Friday.

Time to do some fishin

Whites are in the creek right now

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Yes, yes they are.....[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Yes, yes they are.....[emoji16]

Nice! I’ve been wondering. Time to go. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are running late down in my neck of the woods North Lake Houston up to hwy 59,piled up at the mouth.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Comment

No longer mad at the deer. Crappie watch out

Comment

Yes sir! Nice chest full, can't wait for a chance to get on some.

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                              No longer mad at the deer. Crappie watch out

Comment

Getting traps ready for pigs and found an 8 pt that I thought was dead. Didn’t see him last year or late the season before. He’s 6.5 this year and pretty impressive for an 8! (I love big 8’s). So there’s 2 @ 6.5 that made it through the season and a 4.5 yo 8 that will probably be a target for Lola next as well! Let the hunt begin

Comment

Working...
                                X