No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buck Johnny...what did he end up scoring?

Comment

Congratulations to you and your young hunters! You have had a great year.

Comment

Cool deer tony!

Man my corn piles are on fire right now. Need me some north wind!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Cool deer tony!

Man my corn piles are on fire right now. Need me some north wind!

Sunday & Monday will be NW wind, Tuesday should be plumb north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Sunday & Monday will be NW wind, Tuesday should be plumb north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yep.. Gonna be a little floor pacing going on tomorrow.

Comment

Had my Gregg Co. target buck @ 15 yards for 10 minutes this am. Watching though my Binos. He slipped off into his bedding area before legal light (just off my property)

He has slipped by me 3 times so far. I’m back in the stabd now thinking I’ll change that this evening hopefully.

I’ve hunted him since the Sept. opener, he disappeared during the rut, but has been back to stay now for about a week.
              He’s coming in 3-4 times a night. Closer to daylight each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My dad...God bless him. I have told him OVER and OVER don’t drive the farm during prime deer movement hours. He called me at 5:12 today shaking like a leaf because he was driving to check some cameras at the back of the property, despite having checked them earlier today, and spooked an absolute stud of a buck in the pasture in front of his stand.

We haven’t seen squat all season out there, and we never have bucks around this late, and still he goes and boogers his last best chance. You can’t make this up. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  My dad...God bless him. I have told him OVER and OVER don’t drive the farm during prime deer movement hours. He called me at 5:12 today shaking like a leaf because he was driving to check some cameras at the back of the property, despite having checked them earlier today, and spooked an absolute stud of a buck in the pasture in front of his stand.

We haven’t seen squat all season out there, and we never have bucks around this late, and still he goes and boogers his last best chance. You can’t make this up. Lol
                  I think you're dad has been on several of my leases.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    I think you're dad has been on several of my leases.
                    LOL Fortunately this was not on a lease, but you can believe me when I say I ripped in to him pretty good. Oh well. Sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones you learn best from. Maybe it’ll finally get through now.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      LOL Fortunately this was not on a lease, but you can believe me when I say I ripped in to him pretty good. Oh well. Sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones you learn best from. Maybe it’ll finally get through now.
                      In the scope of all things... Not a big deal. My dad and I had just started hunting together when he died of colon cancer. Enjoy every minute because one day you'll wish you had some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        In the scope of all things... Not a big deal. My dad and I had just started hunting together when he died of colon cancer. Enjoy every minute because one day you'll wish you had some more.
                        Absolutely. And I really shouldn’t have said I ripped in to him. It was more of stern talking too. He should know better though.

Really we’re just glad to have bucks around there this late in the season. It’s unheard of in the 6 years we’ve had the place, so maybe it’s getting better.

I’d written the farm off and was planning to go to the lease tomorrow to chase pigs but I may head to the farm instead and spend the weekend with him, see if we can’t knock this ol’ boy down.

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] good choice. Take pics and hold on to them.

Comment

What an absolutely beautiful afternoon. I wish it was just a touch cooler, but I’m not gonna complain. It’s been a great season for me, just can hardly believe it’s almost over.

Comment

14 does so far...

Comment

17. And no antlers anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X