No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the base model trigger to be used?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      What is the base model trigger to be used?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Unless anybody objects, probably run with trigger techs like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
        Ok, that might be my only hold-up. I’m a lefty that shoots all righty. I’m scared to death to get a left hand action, I’ve got too many right hand rifles to switch now...
        it's ambi, which is probably why its less aggressive than some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          WOW....... That is impressive no matter how you look at it.........
          To be fair, the group opened up some without the can. Thats being addressed now.

Comment

Will the cf stock be able to be painted? I want some cf exposed but want it unique. Already drawing it up and money is in the safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The stability through the shot string is what I find most promising right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                What are the odds of the full carbon build winning at this point? Lol.

Seems like there are two distinct camps forming, with a heavy preference for the light weight. So here's an idea that would provide two price-point options and still give the guys that wanted a little heavier version some love too.

Tier 1 - The light option. APR Hunter(lighter) action, vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Carbon Barrel, bdl bottom metal. Basically a 6 lbish lean, mean hunting machine.

Tier 2 - The heavier option. APR G2 action(heavier), same vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Sendero contour cut-rifled barrel (fluted or not), Bdl bottom metal. This version could swap to a detachable mag for an additional fee. Should end up mid 7 lb range hitting 9ish with glass and be a couple hundred less than the all carbon.

Thoughts?
                I'm thinking Tier I, 7mm-08 with a 21" barrel, and some lightweight glass on top would be the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
                  Will the cf stock be able to be painted? I want some cf exposed but want it unique. Already drawing it up and money is in the safe!

Thats exactly the plan. They will be a blank canvas to do whatever you want with. We plan to offer a speckle type camo similar to Mcmillans ambush patterns, with the CF showing through as the base. Im going to build one up next week and take pics with the bare CF as it comes and then post a photo with the camo overlay. Just waiting on the stock to get here.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    I'm thinking Tier I, 7mm-08 with a 21" barrel, and some lightweight glass on top would be the bomb.
                    I can see that as well.

Comment

Will make final decision when prices come out but I'm thinking:

Tier 2

7-08 or 6.5 creedmoor 20" ratchet fluted threaded.

Any pictures of what the tier 2 might look like?

Comment

I'll mock something up tomorrow.

Comment

Tier 1 what to see the final decision. I’m assuming we chose the caliber and barrel length?

Comment

Giddy up!

Comment

I’m in. I go to your site weekly and look at the ready to ship rifles since I missed out on the last build. I will not miss out on this one!

Comment

Still in for tier 1. What caliber choices? I need an elk rifle. Might be time to start selling toys

Comment

Working...
                                X