DIY: Transforming my Golf Cart into a Hunting Buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: Transforming my Golf Cart into a Hunting Buggy

It took forever to document, but just finished documenting my golf carts journey to a hunting buggy...this is a long one!

Step by Step Writeup:https://www.reckonill.com/2021/02/28...outdoor-buggy/
    Attached Files

Very cool!

Comment

A lot of work And time there

Comment

Looks great. Minus the initial investment in the cart, what did this project cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I imagine I have 2-3k in it with batteries but I shopped around and flipped parts

Comment

Nice work on this useful project, good luck with it.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Very nice both cart and write up. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great

Comment

That turned out really nice, good job !

Comment

That is a great write-up on the build. Thanks for sharing.

So the one thing I tried to figure out, is the buggy 4x4 ?
                      Last edited by wellingtontx; 03-03-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

once again nice write up! I enjoy reading them you remind me of myself on these projects lol.

I did the cart build once and as long as the terrain isn't too rocky they are great..
                        My area was hill country and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough as my back was suffering with the junk cart suspension.

Comment

@wellingtontx It isn't 4x4, but so far for my usage, the A4 Motor has been great for some terrible terrain and large washed out hills. I'll have to post some pictures...there are some good videos out there comparing some of these carts to other commercial offerings..I'll try to find some.

@kingranch...Yeah, the stock suspension was pretty rough...the heavy leaf springs and the shocks I installed (believe they actually go on a Ford Pinto) made a world of difference. The backseat is still a rougher ride than the front.

Its really met our needs as our property is smaller and the gas engines are just too loud. We frequently come right up on hogs and deer driving the cart as it is nearly silent.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that I have one big hill and if a 2 wheel can get up it, then I wouldnt worry about 4x4. Your response gives me assurance that a 4 wheel not required.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                              Thanks for the response. I was thinking that I have one big hill and if a 2 wheel can get up it, then I wouldnt worry about 4x4. Your response gives me assurance that a 4 wheel not required.

I hunted a place in west Texas with lots of hills and draws. I was shocked at how easily my golf cart navigated through that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X